The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2007 entrée: Cody S. Fisher » » Blue Material?? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Hi Cody,
I know this is your last day here, and I want to say how much I have benefitted
from your detailed responses. Also your offer of personal help via making yourself
accessible by phone is above and beyond my expectations. So much so that I haven't availed myself to that offer. Thank you.....

Question??
You have a marketed routine using The Professor's Nightmare Routine that is Rated R.
Just wondering why you felt the need to add this to your performing repertoire, and if it is well received. I guess it depends on your audience. Watching some of your DVD's , and although I haven't seen this particular routine, it doesn't seem to fit your professional character. Your thoughts on this?

Thanks once again for the time you took to share with everyone.
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hey David,

Oh man…you just opened a can of worms!

The routine you are referring to is called “Sweet Dreams”. This was the only trick that I have on the market…but never intended to sell! Fist off I call it the Rated R – Raunchy Rope Routine…simply because it sounded neat…the routine itself is more PG…the routine is entirely “double entendre”. It’s actually fairly tame compare to what’s on TV these days!

A little history…I have been using this in my corporate shows for years…it never fails to bring down the house. It plays very well for an adult audience…especially when everyone knows each other. I hardly ever do a show without as it’s just so funny.

Anyway, several years ago when I started working The Magic Castle I decided to add this to my stand up show…and it killed! I actually had one lady loose her breath she was laughing so hard. (Must be the routine because I am not that funny!) Anyway, it was a big success…I had several magicians ask me about it…and Billy McComb actually sat through my show twice in row…just so he could “give me an additional line”. Billy’s line is great…a true master! Anyway, many people had asked if I was going to market this…my response was no. At that point…I had most of my “working material” on the market…I just wanted to keep this one thing for myself.

About a week had passed since I had been in L.A. and a friend of mine from Orange County called to let me know that he saw a magician in his area was doing my routine…word for word…gag for gag…and also using most of my Castle Act. I was not pleased to say the least. Then about two months later my friend called to tell me he saw someone else doing my rope routine at The Magic Castle…again I was not pleased.

After talking this over with several friends I decided to put this market just to get “my name” on it. That was a few years ago…I am “over it” so to say. At first it made a little mad when I was selling this…because I didn’t really want to let it go. These days I figure is someone wants it…that’s fine. I know the routine is mine and I know that KILLS for me…if someone else can get this thing to work for them then they have my blessing…Oh and my word for word script!

Like I said earlier…this routine is really PG. You are correct in your assumption…”blue material” just does not work for my character or my personality. When I was in college…I did have some questionable material…but at that time had a gig introducing comedians at a local comedy club…but that’s another story! These days I want my program to be representative of “me”…I wouldn’t do anything I didn’t want my kids seeing!

On another note…I am thinking of re-releasing “Sweet Dreams”. The new version will have a DVD showing actual live performances in front of corporate crowds. Maybe later this year?

Take care,
Cody S. Fisher

P.S. While answering this question I actually dug up a few of my VERY old routines from the comedy club days. I found one that I had forgot all about…It is a VERY funny version of Jay Sanky’s “Airtight”. It is definitely PG-13…but played great for comedy clubs. Since I am not using this anymore (and haven’t for years) I may put this on my site as a download? Who knows?
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On 2007-04-14 18:03, Cody S. Fisher wrote:
P.S. While answering this question I actually dug up a few of my VERY old routines from the comedy club days. I found one that I had forgot all about…It is a VERY funny version of Jay Sanky’s “Airtight”. It is definitely PG-13…but played great for comedy clubs. Since I am not using this anymore (and haven’t for years) I may put this on my site as a download? Who knows?

That sounds like a great idea Cody!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2007 entrée: Cody S. Fisher » » Blue Material?? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL