The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blank back deck routines??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
Hey I bought a blank back deck because I figured there was something creative I could come up with , but nothing. are there any routines out there or can you guys just throw out some ideas for me.

Thanks in advance

Ryan
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have a lot of routines which use blank backs. Mostly packet tricks. But one of the best blank back routines I can think of off the top of my head is on Richard Sander's "Super Cards". Uses the full deck for an open prediction kind of thing. Can't remember the name of the trick. But the entire dvd is amazing. Highly recommended.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Watch the blizzard demo on Penguin magic.
Aldo has a nice effect called draw a blank, but you'll need to purchase additional cards.
Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
175 Posts

Profile of Pathian
John Guastaferro has a great nudist deck variation called Snowball Aces on his Brainstorm Vol 2 dvd.
mzr9mm
View Profile
New user
Bistrita, Romania
93 Posts

Profile of mzr9mm
I saw something of Gregory Wilson`s on his Pyrotechnic Pasteboards video using a blank deck, it is a really really cool ACR. Very easy to do actually. I would recommend that.

-Daniel
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
John Lovick's "I Dream of Mindreading" is fantastic! It was published in MAGIC several years ago.

Tom
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
247 Posts

Profile of gocall911
Try doing a classic force with 1 normal card in the deck then turn the rest blank. Freaks people out.
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Yet another vote for Snowball Aces.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Eric Gretencord
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
170 Posts

Profile of Eric Gretencord
Quote:
On 2007-04-30 13:35, tomcards wrote:
John Lovick's "I Dream of Mindreading" is fantastic! It was published in MAGIC several years ago.

Tom

Agreed and also taught on the new Talk About Tricks DVD.
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
-M. C. Escher
cajmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, California
235 Posts

Profile of cajmagic
ALSO

Instead of Blank Cards - I use zero cards
- the zero of hearts, spades, dimonds, clubs
I put them in my Caj Deck of Gaff Cards
an option for when a blank is really supposed
to be a zero value card

caj - caj magic
Caj Brejtfus
CajMagic and the CAJ Deck of Magic Gaff Cards
:BIKES:
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
Buy meir yedid's fadeout.....great use....and jon G's uses are great as mentioned.
james08
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of james08
I recommend John G.'s Gemini Prediction in Brainstorm Vol. 2 ... this is a killer!!! imagine impossible prediction of four randomly-selected cards and an astonishing finale that no one could have predicted!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Killer Clone Zone routine on the Clever Card Magic DVD's is a great use for such a deck.

Paul.
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
Quote:
On 2007-04-17 17:00, Ryan clark wrote:
Hey I bought a blank back deck because I figured there was something creative I could come up with , but nothing. are there any routines out there or can you guys just throw out some ideas for me.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

I think he means specifically blank BACK... many of the routines mentioned are blank face routines. I second snowball aces by John Gustaferro. I have a six card repeat that makes use of these cards... you can PM me if interested. You could also do a color changing pack with the backs vanishing instead of changing colors.
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
eman44
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of eman44
Hey this one can be overused, but for kids they like it when you make the whole deck black and then whip out a 52-on-1 card with all the cards. From there you can do many different things such as have a previously forced card be the only one to appear in the deck or use a giant card kind of as a joke

that's my idea,
I might have another later but have fun with that for now

EB
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
You can have ridiculous amounts for fun combining blank facers with blank backs. A whole new twist on spectator cuts to the aces perhaps?
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
Some of the effects stated here are using BLANK FACE cards, not BLANK BACK cards. for blank back cards I suggest sanders super cards video, it has many amazing effects on it
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Yes, this was mentioned on the 23rd of October by Jquackc, but you have to remember, some people have no clue what they are talking about, or even bother to read the entire thread, but even so, their magical progress is astounding.

Sounds like a good vid.

Paul.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
A fun trick employing a deck and a single blank backed card is to be found on the "2Faced" DVD, by David Forrest. The effect is "Wee Wee Mentalist".
MarekSokal
View Profile
New user
Jasper, AB (Winnipeg, MB [hometown])
18 Posts

Profile of MarekSokal
Two words: Winnipeg Winter.

Sean Fields, word.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blank back deck routines??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL