The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » University Massacre Thoughts NOT Gun Control » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
***This is not a thread to discuss policy***

I can't imagine the pain of those who lost their children. Any loss of life is tragic, but each of those students had achieved so much to get where they were. And the act of going to college showed a focus on future achievements.

One of the professors had survived the Holocaust, and was dedicating his life to improving the lives of others.

This was a tragic event, the sick kid is dead. What can be done to help? (again, not a policy question)
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
The story of that professor really got to me. But the whole thing is so awful, I haven't really wanted to deal with it much. I didn't watch any coverage of it last night at all.

If you really think about it, not just as some story, but really think about the people, and what they must have felt, and the pain of loss for those that remain, and all that stuff. It's hard to wrap your head around it. It's just terrible.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

When I think about how quickly life can be flipped around, I want to live life like each day is the last and every loved one is here for just a moment. But for some reason, over time, petty BS always seems to take the focus.
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Prof. Liviu Librescu. I will always remember his story.
POOF!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
On 2007-04-17 17:32, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
But for some reason, over time, petty BS always seems to take the focus.
[/quote]

Yes it does. We have to live our lives I guess. Time waits for no man and life is made up of so many little things. It hard sometimes to think your not wasting it. What did the guy say "life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans". Best to take time out once in a while and make sure you do the things you always want to do but never seem to get around to. I'm going to be making some phone calls tonight. Gotta let some people know I love em.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Thanks Kregg, He blocked the door with his body so the students could escape.

Here is a listing of some of the names (cut and paste):

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/......eadlines
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I am still searching for the right words. . . my only wish is that this kind of tragedy should never be repeated and that the family and friends of the victims will find their peace as soon as possible.
Cards never lie
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:
When I think about how quickly life can be flipped around, I want to live life like each day is the last and every loved one is here for just a moment.

Isn't that called "The Way of the Warrior"? To live each day to its fullest, without regrets, for tomorrow may never come? This is a lesson I am slowly learning and trying to put into practice. The urgency of it is important to me because I am the last of my immediate family members. It is a sad and lonely feeling.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
From the musical RENT

"The heart may freeze
Or it can burn
The pain will ease if I can learn

There is no future
There is no past
I live this moment as my last

There’s only us
There’s only this
Forget regret or life is yours to miss

No other Road
No other way
No day but today

There’s only us
Only tonight
We must let go to know what’s right

No other course
No other way
No day but today

I can’t control my destiny
I trust my soul,
My only goal is just to me

There’s only now
There’s only here
Give into love or live in fear

No other path
No other way
No day but today"
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
OK, the original topic is fixed and back on topic. You can get back to it by clicking here:

University Massacre Condolences
Coram Deo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » University Massacre Thoughts NOT Gun Control » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL