The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Blank back deck routines??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
Hey, can someone give me some ideas or routines that involve a blank back deck? I bought one like a month ago and still don't know what to do with it.
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
jonathanahirsch
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of jonathanahirsch
Richard Sanders has a really nice effect with a blank back deck on one of his dvds. I'm not sure if it's on his "Richard Sanders Show" dvds or the Sankey Sanders Sessions. I'm pretty sure it's on volume one of the Sankey Sanders Sessions. Not sure if I can say anything more on this forum. I hope that points you in the right direction. When I get home,I'll be able to give you the name of the effect.
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
Check out Greg Wilson's ACR with a Blank deck in "Pyrotechnic Pasteboards" REally entertaining.
RichardSand
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
56 Posts

Profile of RichardSand
Jonathan,
I think the routine your referring to is on Richard Sanders Super Cards.
It's called "Clearly Impossible" and it is a Prediction effect.
You bring out a deck of cards and before you say anything, you put one card on the table. Now you ask the spectator to name ANY card.
You tell them you only used the deck to help them visualize,they are in fact all blank. You fairly show all the cards to be blank except your prediction which is of course dead on:).
Also from this dvd using your deck is "Shooting Blanks", which is a really fast printing deck routine. I like it a lot.

The Gregory Wilson routine is called "Point Blank". It uses a double blank deck though.
It is also very good. I used it a lot in the same parlor type situations as on the dvd. Not so much anymore though.

I recommend both dvd's as they are real gems.

Richard
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant. - Alan Greenspan
jonathanahirsch
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of jonathanahirsch
Maghumphdhjl, Whoops, pardon me while I remove the foot from my mouth.

Ah. I’m Much better now. Yes, Clearly Impossible was indeed the effect I was thinking about this afternoon. I think I somehow got it mixed up in my head with “Litmus Paper” and the “Impossible Stop” trick. Both are on The Sanders Sankey Session Volume one and the latter may me my favorite routine on that DVD. So clean and it’s way too easy to look so good.

If you like visual magic, and since you’re looking for a blank backed deck effect I’m guessing you are, I highly suggest Super Cards. It doesn’t get much more visual than some of those effects.

Oh and Richard, congrats on the success of Interlace. I keep hearing great things and I'm looking forward to getting mine when I return to the states.
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
I don't think that's actually richard sanders man. Thank you guys for your help
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
RichardSand
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
56 Posts

Profile of RichardSand
Haha,
no I am not Richie Sanders.
And Impossible Stop is also my favorite on the dvd!
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant. - Alan Greenspan
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I agree with greg wilson! and since you asked for ideas: check out the "mental photography deck" and blizzard by dean dill.

greetings from germany
Markus
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
John Guestaferro or something like that has wonderfull metla photography/color chancing deck type trick Snowball aces with blank backed deck on his Brainstorm vol 2 DVD. Very highly recommended.
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
Korttihai_82 THANK you dude , That is the routine I was looking for I just placed an order, thanks again man

Ryan

Sankey
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Aldo's draw a blank is killer.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Check Out John Guastaffero's "Snowball Aces" from The Brainstom Series.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Snowball aces seconded over here! Awesome effect, standup, resets v. quickly and not too hard to do.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
RichardSand
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
56 Posts

Profile of RichardSand
Some time has past but I'd like to make one more suggestion.
Lately I have been doing Andy Nyman's 'The Hidden'.. a lot.
It uses a blank faced deck and is a very nice routine.

It's on his 'Get Nyman' tape and I think it's also marketed as a single effect(alakazam)

Take a look, you won't be disappointed.
If you can't find it I'll give a description of the routine here.

Richard
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
You also might want to check out Ortiz's routine called Museum Piece. It can be found on his Cardshark book ( I have it on vhs ).
Self concept is destiny..
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Functionally, how does a blank-back deck differ from any Bicycle deck I can buy at Costco?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Blank back deck routines??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL