The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mindfreak: Secret Revelations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Went to Criss' site. To see if there was anything interesting. And looked down to 3.29.07 and looks as if he will be releasing this on April 24th. Let me guess, old beginner "Mindfreak" tricks again?

http://www.amazon.com/Mindfreak-Secret-R......p;sr=8-1
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Most likely.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have the book and it is great.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Really already? What's in it?
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Could be a great read. But, did you learn anything?
Magic is a vanishing art.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I too am interested........anything new???
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
If this book has the same quality like the master mindfreak dvd vol. 1-5, nobody will miss anything, if he won´t read this book.

I´m asking myself what kind of revelation the reader gets. The fear exists that´s the same crap like the master mindfreak DVDs. A big disappointment.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
The book is mostly a bio of Criss Angel with some "mindfreaks" mixed in the book. Kind of like what David Blaine did with "Mysterious Stranger."

I have not read the book, only flipped through it.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Criss is on Oprah today...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Yep, in about an hour.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Interesting, I guess heh.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Ringo
Pete, since you apparantly made the photographs for the book, can you tell a bit about which effects are explained in the book ? Thanks.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I bought the book. So far, (117 pages into it), I'm not the least bit impressed.
It doesn't flow well for starters. It's a lot of Criss just talking about why he's so great and how he's always been great for one reason or another. And he goes from one subject to another to another without any real obvious transition from one topic to the next. So if you think you'd enjoy Criss rambling on and being full of his favorite person - himself; then you'll certainly enjoy the book.

I like Criss as a performer most of the time and am looking forward to the 3rd season of "Mindfreak" on A&E. But this book is a terrible disappointment and is probably going to be nigh intolerable for anyone who doesn't have a teen-like hero worship thing for Criss.

Regarding the "mindfreaks" and/or "secret revelations": He gives only secret revelations into his self-centered mindset - not in anything magical. I flipped through the tricks in the back of the book, but have not read through them all yet; so I cannot comment on how well they are or are not taught or if there are any note-worthy performance suggestions. But I can say that there really isn't anything "new" being taught in the book.

If you're a beginner and are looking forward to learning the tricks in this book, you'd be better off saving your money and using it to buy one of the books in the Tarbell series. Unfortunately on this one, Criss is mind-freaking all the way to the bank with my $25.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mindfreak: Secret Revelations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL