The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Pop-up Silk Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
I used to see other magi's shows and think to myself, "Geesh, it really looks *&^))% reaching all the way down into your square-circle (or whatever) to produce your silks." I learned a trick Smile so the silks pop up automatically.

When you prep your silks in a prop, you cross a corner of each silk to each other twice (like the beginning of tying shoes) and then twist the remaining end pieces together. When you pull on the first silk, it pulls the next one up and automatically releases, leaving the corner of the next silk popped up.

Hope that made sense, but I like it much better than reaching down each time. Do this with each opposite corner of silks all the way down.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Magicman13
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Magicman13
So you are saying that the silks will "pop" up instead of having to reach down?

Leon
"Leave your own Legacy." *Mickey Mantle

"Be Natural." *The Professor
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Exactly. As you pull out a silk, the next one will "pop" up into view, for your next silk, etc. Once you grab the first silk, you really shouldn't have to reach in again, for silks anyways.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Love the idea. It makes a lot more sense. It should seem that the container is filled with silks, and reaching down doesn't convey that too well. Great handling!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Pop-up Silk Productions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL