The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wanted, a review: SPRAY CAN RUSSIAN ROULETTE (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Looking for a review, since the adverts are all positive, and it *is* a bit expensive...

Lee
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
As I said in the other post, bought this off Ray Lum on E-Bay 4 weeks ago but it hasn't arrived yet. However, dangerous monte by Aldo would work with this really well and save you a bunch of money.
Martyn35
View Profile
New user
UNEMPLOYMENT: 2500 people applied for
46 Posts

Profile of Martyn35
Spray Can Russian Roulette.

It is a strong effect IF you have the necessary showmanship to go with it, otherwise it will fall flatter than a pancake.

DOn't do the effect with different colour cans of paint, otherwise it becomes obvious to the audience that you know which one work's from the colour alone, always use identical cans of the same colour.

This is a very strong effect, and can be highly entertaining in the right hands. If you are planning doing it as a deadly serious item, I would say forget it. The fact that you are using spray paint makes it humourous to start with.

I am not using "grafitti" but another method, cannot be done surrounded as it is but there is away around it if you are really pushed.
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Good thoughts, but how can you avoid the different colors of paint. That is the effect! And with Graffiti, the different color of each can is the way the participants choose and are given their individual paint can.

Even if you number the cans you have the same problem with you knowing which can works.

I am trying to work through this issue. Surely the originator saw this issue. I would love to see his performance of the effect.

Gianni
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Hi There,
I am the originator of GRAFFITI but unfortunately have no video/DvD of the effect.
If I can be of help I will be pleased to do so
Cheers
Roni
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Did this effect come about after Derren Brown performed a spray can russian roulette on TV?
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Hi,
My effect Graffiti was in my show and also sold in America by Murphy's at least 2 years before Derren Brown used a similar effect using Spray Cans.
All I can tell you that my version of Graffiti is very much stronger and scaryer than Derren Brown's effect.
Cheers
Roni
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:
On 2010-01-19 08:09, Roni wrote:
Hi There,
I am the originator of GRAFFITI but unfortunately have no video/DvD of the effect.
If I can be of help I will be pleased to do so
Cheers
Roni

Roni:

I have PMed you.

Gianni
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
In 1986 I performed a 'crazy string' variation of my own Russian roulette spray can effect in a TV magic special pilot for the 'Planet 24' production company. Original presentation, original method original script.

That was 24 years ago. I doubt anyone outside those who saw my live shows or was there at the taping of the pilot has any knowledge of my routine. Having read this thread I sense that if I was to revive it now and say, market my routine, I might find myself getting some unwarranted flak or raised eyebrow questioning. Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2010-01-19 18:27, Roni wrote:
Hi,
My effect Graffiti was in my show and also sold in America by Murphy's at least 2 years before Derren Brown used a similar effect using Spray Cans.
All I can tell you that my version of Graffiti is very much stronger and scaryer than Derren Brown's effect.
Cheers
Roni

Where is your version available?

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Sealegs -

I, for one, would support you, because it's in those "oldies but goodies" where the smart ones can be found! I say go for it!

Lee
Jbbreckin
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jbbreckin
Anyone have an idea where to point me too where I can find a spray can roulette ?
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wanted, a review: SPRAY CAN RUSSIAN ROULETTE (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL