The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

linceed87
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of linceed87
Hi ive been looking into this forum but I cant find what I need , I need some good books on getting and keeping a crowd on the street for a park downtown, (i live in mexico city) also getting some tips because working part-time on starbucks isn't paying my expenses in magic
thank you for your help
ps:if you could put some links that would be great
my best,
mau
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
linceed87
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of linceed87
Thank you very much dave great links! those dvds are pricy hehe is it worth buying them or I'm never getting my dollars back? lol
mau
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
If you're serious about using the information, you'll make it back in no time.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
And that "bit o' wisdom" holds true for most things magical.

Mark.
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
It is up to you. there is no "MAGICAL" way to be successful and get your money back!
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:
working part-time on starbucks isn't paying my expenses in magic

I could be filthy rich and I don't think that would help in paying my magic expenses! Smile . I'd just want to buy more stuff and the room to house it all. At least I'd have something in common with Houdini and Copperfield! Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

If your funds are limited, and most folks' resources are, spend the $80 at Kozmo Magic (http://www.kozmomagic.com/) and get Cellini's "The Royal Touch." If I had to choose one magic book, and only one magic book, this is the one I'd pick. The wisdom stuffed into its pages, not to mention the routines, will take you far down the road in working on the street. If I may be so bold, I'd say it's all you need to make a living on the streets -- if you study, practice, and apply the wisdom contained in those pages.

That being said, The Art of Street Magic by Eric Evans and Krowd Keeping by Gazzo are both excellent, as are any of the DVDs put out by Cellini, Gazzo, Capehart , and Sheridan.

But, if all I had was $80, I'd give the money to Koz and get Cellini's book. That's my $.02 (USD) worth. YMMV.

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Interesting...
MagiUlysses' $.02 worth of advice will set you back $80.
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

LOL! Good one!

Actually, wouldn't that be $79.98!

FDROFLMAO!

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I underline Ulysses thoughts about "The royal touch". Yesterday I was scanning throu some of my books looking for something to go with my fire routine. And in the back of my head I thought, hey, didn't Cellini write something about a fire act. Sure he did, and the lines there are great! It is a book that keeps growing. Everything doesn't fit you right now - but someday everything might have.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-05-02 16:18, linceed87 wrote:
Hi ive been looking into this forum but I cant find what I need , I need some good books on getting and keeping a crowd on the street for a park downtown, (i live in mexico city) also getting some tips because working part-time on starbucks isn't paying my expenses in magic
thank you for your help
ps:if you could put some links that would be great
my best,
mau

My heart goes out to you, sir- I was a wage slave (emphasis on the SLAVE) for $tarbux for about 2 years. In San Francisco, the job market is so fierce due to the dot com bust that I was competing with people possessing master's degrees for an hourly wage shift supervisor position. The mind control simply didn't take, in my case, and I was sumarily dismissed at one point.

The only saving grace out of that wasted time of my life was the company stock that I managed to buy at the discount price. Stock that has currently been stagnant for the last 7 months....

Good luck!
G
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
I have a nice book about street performing called "The Art of Street Magic" by Stephen Forrester. (published in 1989- Alberta Canada) And it was my bible for a long time. It was one of the only books about street magic I could find in the 80's, now there is so much info. Capehart's rings, miser's and Gazzo's cups are two solid routines. And any video with Gazzo has got to be good. I also watched the crowdpuller dvd's. Not too bad. Whit Haydn's (very short) lecture notes are also pretty good.

It's partially experimentation and partially listening to what people say about drawing a tip (gathering a crowd), holding the tip (by keeping them "hooked" between and during tricks and teasing your big finish), ending your show strong, and then convincing them that what they just saw is worth their money (the pitch).

Good luck. I'm sure you will be great in Mexico City and I'm glad to see that we have exported important cultural cornerstones (Starbucks) to your great country.

With a little practice and courage you will be able to stop working for Starbucks in no time and make in 10 minutes what you used to make in 3 hours. You will be paying your own healthcare, but at least you won't have latte stains on your uniform.

Best,
Magic1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL