The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mini baseballs size (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
Hello. Does anyone know the exact size of the mike rogers mini baseballs that are sold on Michael Ammar's website? He has 1" and 7/8" balls. Are they exactly that size, or just the core of the ball? I just got some 7/8" crochet balls that are just a hair smaller than 1" balls and I really like their size. I'd like to get the mini baseballs that are closest to 1" as possible.

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The best thing to do is to ask him.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Well The 7/8" balls that I bought were in fact 7/8" balls.

I hope that helps.

SeanD13
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
Ahh that's good to know. I don't quite understand the misleading concept of ball size with the cups and balls... if it's supposed to be a 1" ball then it should be.. not 1-1/8", or a 7/8" ball being 1"...

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It depends on whether they are referring to the size of the core ball or the finished ball. It's like two by fours.

I agree with you, though. They should always refer to the finished size.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
Just for general information for anyone reading this, when a cup manufacture states that 3 7/8" balls will nest in the attic space of the cup, are they talking about core size or actual size? I know the magic makers say 7/8", but the balls that came with them balls fit perfect with room to spare and they are indeed 1" balls... very confusing. That is to say that if the mini baseballs are actually 1", then they will fit perfectly in a cup that is supposed to fit 7/8" balls or smaller. For the record, the balls that Jake sells at RnTII are very close to actual size. I remember him saying that for the small balls the crochet only adds about 1/64" which equates to practically nothing, and the large load balls 1/32". Frank sells monkey fist balls at theambitiouscard.com I do not know what size they are, but would like to know the exact size of the balls, but he could probably make them in many sizes I would imagine. I don't think I ever found out the exact size of the Sherwood 1-1/8" balls, which if they are actual size, then they will fit any cup that fits a standard 1" crochet ball that usually comes with many cups. I left a message with Michael Ammar to see what the actual sizes are of the mini baseballs. I will post when I get an answer, but Sean D already said the 7/8" are actual size so I would assume the 1" are too.

It seems EVERYTHING about the cups and balls is a mystery... I guess that's why they are so great!

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Monkey Fists are hard to size exactly. They're not perfectly round, so measuring across the flats gives you a smaller dimension than measuring across the corners.

Also, since they're hand made, it depends a lot on the materials used. Core balls usually come in a fixed set of sizes so it's hard to estimate the finished size until you've actually made them. My "Large" balls usually measured anywhere from 1" to 1 1/4". I've had some that fit easily most of the time, but occasionally they'd jam corner to corner and hang up in the cup so I had to remake them in the next smaller core size.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mini baseballs size (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL