The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » OLEC Cage from Martini Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
Hello,

Anyone have an opinion about the canary cage for the Orange, Lemon, Egg, and Canary trick from Martini Magic? The boss is very clever, and he give me a photo from one old catalog. He can build one for me (because I can't wait 12345 months with Chalet...).
It looks good and not a high price (compared to Malloy), but I feel the base is not deceptive (chick)?

Help me, thanks.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Try Proline.

Take care,

Bryan
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Thanks.
OK, but my question was: what do you think about the Martini cage? I know Proline, Malloy, and (impossible to have) Chalet, but what about Martini cage? IT is not the same price...
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
Hi, is this cage on a website (the Martini one)?
Thanks,
Dave Major
MagicalDragons
View Profile
New user
MO
55 Posts

Profile of MagicalDragons
I bought a Martini cage from Stevens Magic in 1998 or so. The quality was very cheap; you hooked fishing line over a brass knob and had to manually release it (vs. a button or pull release on the others). Then, the spring part of the Martini cage was so strong that it actually launched my canary to the top of the cage with such force that it killed the bird.

Stevens did indeed offer a refund, but I can't recommend the Martini cage at all. Chalet is the best - and worth the wait. I purchased a Malloy cage and was very disappointed, especially with the price being the highest. I have never seen Proline's, so can't comment there.

But Chalet's cage is the way to go!
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
I have a Malloy cage and have been very, very happy with it. I feel that the price I paid was well worth it, and the cage has gone through a ton of shows......just my 2 cents worth. Brian

P.S. I know nothing of the Martini cage, sorry.
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings, Magical Dragons:
This is the first I am ever hearing of anyone loosing a bird in one of our cages.
First off, we never build any cage with a spring flap. Our reasoning behind that was that a spring flap threw too much force and would often hit the hand inside the cage, exposing the operation.
All of our cages were built with a roller blind in the base that stretched across the bottom surface, forming a floor for the cage. The cloth of the blind has a wooden bar in it with a nylon loop that, when pulled across the bottom covering the bird, the loop would go through the wall of the base where it was hooked with a smooth brass hook. To release, the hook was pushed aside, which released the bar to slide half way across the base and release the bird.
Each roller blind spring was removed and wound by hand to give enough tension to pull the bar across the cage as smoothly as possible to allow the bird to release.
We have sold over 600 cages (I checked the records after reading this post) when we were building wood props and never had anyone, to our knowledge, have this happen to their bird. Joe Stevens and his staff know that we stand behind everything we made and currently make.
Why didn't you contact us if this had happened? Our address, phone number, and fax number are on all our instructions.
Also, for the record, 2 cages were returned to us from Stevens Magic Emporium. One was returned in 1997 because the base was damaged in shipping, and we replaced the cage with a new one. The second cage was sent back in 2000 because a parakeet had eaten into the cloth so much that we were asked if it could be fixed. At that time, again, we sent a new cage.
None were ever sent back telling us it killed a bird.

As far as who makes the best cage, that is up to the individual. It is the reason that there are so many people making magic, same as there are many car manufacturers. We produced a cage that worked, looked good in a performance, and was priced for everyone's budget. I personally know George at Chalet, and he builds great magic. I also know many of the other builders in the field; after all, we have been in business since 1971.
We started back then backing everything we made, and still do today. Even though we have closed the factory (I retired, as have all my employees now), my sons and I still handle some custom work, but we are always willing to back anything that we made in the past should a problem arise. I don't know how we could do more than that.

I hope this has helped some.
All the Best,
Marty
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Well said, Marty.
Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Hello Marty,
Thanks for your answer! I quickly received the paper from your catalog by post and thank you for that.
The cage seems good, even if the base is thicker than I wanted, but correct.
I'm sure it works good. I will make a reflexion cause I have found cages on sale on the Internet, but whatever I will choose (I will decide in 1 or 2 days maximum). We'll keep the contact!

For everyone on the forum: He's very professional (Martini Magic) and a very clever man (Marty).

For MAGICAL DRAGONS: Thanks for your opinion. Are you really sure it is the same cage, cause Marty said that they have never built the Martini cage with spring flap? Strange...?
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Stephane,
Whatever you decide is fine, and if you find one on the Internet that you like more, I'm happy for you either way.

No matter what cage you buy, if you need any help with how to prepare the egg, lemon and grapefruit, or anything else I can help you with, just let me know.

All the Best,
Marty
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
Yo Marty,
That is real class, brother.
Just one of the reasons I love ya, man.
The other is that you are a great cook!
S.
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
I've looked all over to see what one of his OLEC cages looks like. I wouldn't mind getting one after I save up. After all, I have heard a lot of good things about this. One thing, do these come with the special tables?
Thanks,
mike
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

I have only a photo from a catalog. Eventually, I can scan it and give it by mail to anyone who contacts me by PM.

Cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » OLEC Cage from Martini Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL