The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2007 entrée: Jeff Hobson » » Jackets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Jeff,

I remember a great piece of advice I heard from you regarding taking two different colour jackets to shows.

It's worth repeating as I'm sure you still do it.
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
246 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
Yes. . . . thanks Tim!

I actually take three jackets to out of town shows with me. Those shows where I don't know what their background decor is. One silver, one red and one black. This way, I can always choose the color jacket that will "pop" in front of their curtain, backdrop or wall. If they have a black curtain behind me, I will then choose the red or silver jackets. If they have a red backdrop, I'll wear the black or silver. You get the idea. Since the most important prop on that stage is me, I want to make sure I can be seen clearly. Another thought, even though I have a rider with recommended lighting requirements, many clients leave lighting on a low priority. My jacket theory works especialy well when the client doesn't give much time to properly light the room.
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
My dad told me that in vaudeville you brought your own back drapes, painted scene, whatever fit the act that you NEVER trusted a theater to have what would work for you.

At FISM a few ago, Jade was booked and I told her to make sure they use a back drape that works with your wardrobe colors. It was a PAIN for the crew, but they did do it for her and it halped.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
246 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
Thanks Pete!
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2007 entrée: Jeff Hobson » » Jackets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL