The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Darwin Ortiz's "Scams And Fantasies" Favorite Tricks?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 14:49, Jay Elf wrote:
Hello Darwin,

In the four of those effects in the book, you use your own mem deck.
Does your MD have any built-in features?
Thanks.

@Jay@

I don't even believe Mr. Ortiz has published his stack (I may be wrong), but I do not believe his has any features because the features that stacks do have can be done impromptu.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Quote:
On 2007-05-20 18:33, Robert Apodaca wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 14:49, Jay Elf wrote:
Hello Darwin,

In the four of those effects in the book, you use your own mem deck.
Does your MD have any built-in features?
Thanks.

@Jay@

I don't even believe Mr. Ortiz has published his stack (I may be wrong), but I do not believe his has any features because the features that stacks do have can be done impromptu.

You are correct that Darwin has not published his stack but incorrect that his stack doesn't have features. His stack has a very powerful feature that can be used for some amazing effects that have nothing to do with memorizing the deck.

Darwin suggests using your own stack or any stack currently available to perform the effects in his book because any memorized deck will work.
ME
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK a few months later. Now can we get back to the stronger tricks or favorites in this book? No Stack prefered.
Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
One that will be typically "overlooked" is the two card transpo that Darwin uses a perfect Blackjack hand for. The routine is brilliant, simply to understand, and will absolutely astonish a lay crowd. The actual title of the routine escapes me at the moment, but I think it is Ace To Pocket.

The book is full of brilliant thinking and effects, but this one in particular has "real people" written all over it. Fantastic, simple to execute effect.
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
If you prefer DVD, check out SCAMS & FANTASIES WITH CARDS 4-VOLUME DVD SET: http://www.mymagic.com/dvd/dvd-ortiz.htm
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
At work tommorow I'm cracking open this book again and having a go. Such great routines! It's always fun to "re-learn" stuff you forgot you did.

This means I'm also going to have to brush up on my Aronson stack. It's been a few weeks. Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Appointment in Samara is my favorite. Great presentation!
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
My favorite are Dejavu,shark attack,appointment in samara,ultimate oil and water,Cannible. Every trick also has performance tips and credits which are very useful. I have to say that darwin's handling of the card magic is very detailed and well constructed. Highly recommended
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Chris K
The Brush
Ultimate Oil and Water

You can do a stack to do these two effects, followed by a OOTW or something else quite easily. It was pretty straightforward to come up with a cogent line of reasoning to string them all together as well, at least for me.

Lots of other stuff but, these days, I usually only perform about 20 or so tricks at a time (broken into distinct sets) and those are the ones.

As for memorized stacks, I took the easy way out with Joyal's Stack and am very happy with it. A stack with built in effects may come later (Tamariz comes to mind) but nothing now.

L
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
Forgot to say God of gambler is very very strong gamling routine.
But that is a very advanced routine for one to master.
There was also other magic effect.
Anyone who love gambling routine should chek out all darwin's book because he is so darn good!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Darwin Ortiz's "Scams And Fantasies" Favorite Tricks?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL