The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Smokin Aces Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
I really enjoyed this film, having studied film I like the cinematography and the editing sequences, especially the combinations in the sequence where the three "white trash characters" break through the elevator. I also found Jeremy Pivens character very well acted and scripted, he did a great job. The part with Ben Affleck as the dead mime was weird but then very funny.

I have a few questions about the magic sequences though. There is a part where Jeremy Piven produces four aces out the pack. He slaps the deck together and the Aces spinout face up? I thought this was a very magical way of producing the aces. Firstly because it is performed as if the pack is an extension of his body the magic comes from within and takes away from the actual skill. This is what I really appreciated about Jeremy’s portrayal of a magician; he did the introduction to Expert Card Technique justice. Does anyone know where I can learn this?

Cheers

Kyle
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Kyle,
I liked this ace production too. I have seen something like it, but I'm not sure where.
I do know that R. Paul Wilson was the consultant on the project, so you might try an email to him through his web site. It may be something he teaches in one of his books or videos. If not, he may be able to stear you in the right direction.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Try Dan and Dave, their new dvd will be soon out, adn all the flourishes in the movies where done by them. Actually it were their hands. http://www.dananddave.com
Pavlo
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 08:08, Pavloter wrote:
Try Dan and Dave, their new dvd will be soon out, adn all the flourishes in the movies where done by them. Actually it were their hands. http://www.dananddave.com

that's right. Get the Trilogy once it's released Dan and Dave keep setting the bar when it comes to *flourishes.

* Please don't use the horrible term XCM. It's flourishes.
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
Actually Pavloter, some of the moves were learned and performed by Jeremy Piven himself and this production was one of them, if youve actually seen the film then you would know that there are full body shots and sequences where Jeremy does the actual work. He was helped and guided by R paul Wilson and Dan and Dave. D and D did perform the sybil sequence where he drops the cards, here you will notice that it is a lower body shot and on this occasion Jeremy was doubled.
RMoreland
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando, Florida
181 Posts

Profile of RMoreland
The Production was published in the trapdoor and it is Richard Bartram Jr's. Someone else will have to tell you the title and issue cause I am not sure.

Take care,

Robert Moreland
RMoreland
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando, Florida
181 Posts

Profile of RMoreland
Just found a site for Richard Bartram Jr.
http://www.zoomnet.net/~rbartram/magic.html

Robert
Froste
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Froste
Jeff McBride's The Art Of Card Manipulation, Vol 1, has a flourish called "Hip Hop Pop Out" which sounds a lot like what you're talking about.
Up_in_smoke
View Profile
Regular user
England
143 Posts

Profile of Up_in_smoke
No that's not what he is talking about Froste, the move that he does is called Benzais Spin
e2x2e
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of e2x2e
http://magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=10986

The production in this video? Its very easy to do and looks awesome.
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
Thanks for all the help guys!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Smokin Aces Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL