The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Cigar Production? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blwrjw
View Profile
Regular user
The Top of the Mountains
177 Posts

Profile of blwrjw
I've seen the idea used for several different props and in sources as varied as fairly technical books to kiddie books. Does anyone know who created this effect? And is this - the cigar - its oldest variant?

Thanks

B.
...before you go rushing off to show your friends a new field of miracles, you should get well acquainted with tools of the trade.
-- Tony Corinda

One can never have enough socks...
-- Albus Dumbledore
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
One of the earlier reference was Dr. Bennet Zola of Michigan.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
blwrjw
View Profile
Regular user
The Top of the Mountains
177 Posts

Profile of blwrjw
Thanks, Richard. Is this a published source? I'd like to be able to cite the source. Also, if it's only a reference, does the referring source give an approximate date connecting the effect with Dr. Zola?

Thanks again

B.
...before you go rushing off to show your friends a new field of miracles, you should get well acquainted with tools of the trade.
-- Tony Corinda

One can never have enough socks...
-- Albus Dumbledore
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Richard: Is the Bennett Zola you refer to the same dentist who invented "Squash," the first big magic trick "hit" of the newly formed Abbott Magic company?

My reference (Bart Whaley) attributes the cigar production to G.W. Hunter.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Cigar Production? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL