The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Google link Trick or Treat show 6 - Derren Brown 18th May 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Is this the final show?

Very good all the same.

google.com

Warning: Strong language

Regards,

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Thanks again!

Peace!
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Thanks Steve. Yes it was the last in the series.
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

For all its twistedness, I really enjoyed this show.

On reflection I still think that season 2 of the Trick of the Mind was his best, but maybe due to the fact that it had a lot of effects I just personally thought were very good.

I wasn't really impressed with this series, but then again you need to keep coming up with new approaches for TV so in that case I Think he did a very good job, and a fun idea.

I wonder if Derren next series focus on the TV viewing public. And borrow some ideas from this Top performer....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khnHPJUdjb8

regards

steve
-Tony Iacoviello
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
The signed contract thing is bound to come back again. I guess that is if their is another show.
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
I'm going to try not to gush – it's not that attractive in a 56-year-old man – but I simply have not seen anything in the realm of mentalism (nor magic, actually) as consistent in thinking and execution, ringing brilliance again and again out of sometimes the most common material.

I've received a post-graduate course in the art just by watching these. I felt unlucky for years because I couldn't readily get to study Derren. Now I feel luckier than the British, in getting to see almost the entire DB catalog in a few weeks time. A post-graduate course on steroids.

It will be interesting to see how America takes to DB's Sardonic Regency-Era Dandy persona. Even I found the admission that he doesn't deign to drive a bit twee. Then again, Americans are always suckers for the accent. This could be the third British Invasion.

Hope so.
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Thanks alot.....that was so twisted and a very good watch
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
So let's see.. he hypnotizes people through arcade games, photo boots, weird flashes and now cell phones.

I'm beginning to understand why they put him on the Sci-Fi channel.. Smile
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Thanks again, brilliant!
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Nice episode, btw. did anybody recognise the routine with the car salesmen from his channel 4 clip-section? He did this routine some years ago
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Quote:
On 2007-05-19 21:59, Blackwood wrote:

It will be interesting to see how America takes to DB's Sardonic Regency-Era Dandy persona.

I don't know about you all, but I noticed that the responses in the American segments weren't as good as the reactions garnered in the routines performed in England. Maybe Americans don't expect to freak out at a proper Brit. Only punky magicians can get a rise out of the Yankees.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Didn't you see the effects he did in Vegas and NY? The response was perfect.
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

I am looking forward to his US shows, it will be interesting how much he changes his persona to fit the America audience..or doesn't
I still think his comment about having "a bunch of bankers" priceless, so maybe he will continue his persona unchanged to America.

regards

steve

Just if anyones interested, the show#3 has had the most views fo far( on the google links), with show#2 in second place, which was a suprise.
-Tony Iacoviello
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
I've been surprised about how much of DB's material was actually filmed in the states - of course, nearly all of Messiah was. He seemed to do just fine with Americans.

I actually missed the "wunch of bankers" line (and would have loved it if I had noticed) but that's a very British expression. Some of that humor may not translate but enough will.

Don't know who else dug into Joe Atmore's wife's site, from another thread. She says that Joe (the Dunninger expert and impersonator) thinks DB is a GOD. I have a feeling most Americans will be likewise impressed.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
This was pretty good and well thought out. I loved it! I thought the one with the video game in the bar/pub was his best stuff.
Self concept is destiny..
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
"Wunch of bankers" is a very clever line. Shame I didn't get tickets to the current touring show.
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
> "Wunch of bankers" is a very clever line.

I spove loonerisms too.

-Rd
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Very cool... poor girl...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Google link Trick or Treat show 6 - Derren Brown 18th May 2007 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL