The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Saw Copperfield (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Waldo
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Waldo
I saw David Copperfield in Dayton, and have decided to give up sleight of hand and start practicing real magic. I'm absolutely sure David Copperfield is really teleporting things and able to see into the future. It just plain is not trickery.

I have my gifts as a magician when working within my own culture, I'm able to read minds, predict events, and influence outcomes. That's just not enough for me now, and neither is learning card tricks. I have to keep practicing until I am actually able to teleport objects around, and then I will have a real show.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Teleportation is regular feature of my act.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Waldo
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Waldo
Are you doing it for real? When I see Copperfield do it, things appear and dissapear in full view of everyone, and I've even spoken with audience members who were teleported that couldn't exlain how they appeared somewhere else.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
That's because the crew gets them drugged after the effect is over.
pete
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
207 Posts

Profile of pete
Waldo, are you serious about this?

Do you really think that Copperfield is not just a magician?

Pete
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Quote:
On 2007-05-20 15:20, DJM wrote:

They use Forget-Me-Nows like GOB does on Arrested Development.
Harry Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
128 Posts

Profile of Harry Lucas
My guess is the members of the audience get flashed with one of the Men-in-Black flash gadgets when 'making a picture' backstage. They forget in an instant.
Waldo
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Waldo
I went down town trying to teleport things, and put on a show. All I could really find was the soul of a shoe. As soon as I picked it up, I saw my crazy pimp friend who just got out of the mental hospital.. Last time I saw him I teleported a dollar out of his pocket, and after he gave it to me he changed his mind and told me he wanted my soul.. So I gave the shoe soul to him and he seemed to come out of his mania. I explained that I was working on teleportation to him, and told him all about the David Copperfield show I saw. I told him my agenda was teleporting wallets out of peoples pockets, and he laughed. So we went down for a walk in the glen together, and I told him where we had to go. We followed to voices down to a big outcropping rock that people climb up and sit on to drink beers. There was a crowd of people, and he said he didn't know any of them and didn't want to go up to talk to him. I told him, No, lets just go scout it out because they probably dropped something. And we walked all around the rock and found a big bag of weed. When we climbed up on top of the rock I saw some kids a bit younger than me in the crowd who I went to high school with. I hadn't seen them in years, and they asked if we picked up their bag they had dropped.. So we gave it back to them and they smoked my friend out. I left before they started blazing because I haven't hit a joint since I was 17, but my friend smiled at me as I whispered to him with a wink... "Teleportation in Action"!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
My teleportation technique is just as real as Copperfield's.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
And here I thought "Saw Copperfield" had something to do with Selbit...

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet (Who became a granpa for the fifth time last night!)
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-05-20 21:36, mormonyoyoman wrote:
And here I thought "Saw Copperfield" had something to do with Selbit...

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet (Who became a granpa for the fifth time last night!)

Congrats Chet that is fantastic. They say grandkids are the rewards for raising kids.

Waldo. give me a call. The secret is this. You can only transport 3 times a day. Anymore and you run into problems.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Waldo

I've missed you here!

Tony
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2007-05-20 16:18, Andini wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-20 15:20, DJM wrote:

They use Forget-Me-Nows like GOB does on Arrested Development.

SHHHH! Do you want to get kicked out of the Alliance?
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Yeah... But where did the LIGHTER FLUID come from?
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Saw Copperfield (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL