The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Silent Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Hi I have this idea kicking around my head about doing a silent mentalism effect at a table. I'm looking at perhaps something visual where maybe both you & the spectators have cards they are shuffled you both lay them down and they match. Or the effect where you have two small packets of tarot cards they are shuffled and match (cant remember what its called). Anyway, you get the idea? any suggestions/input on effects that may be adapted to a silent routine?
pete
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
207 Posts

Profile of pete
Very interesting. Right now I´m working in theater and I´m doing my blindfold act without any words. I know it sounds funny but just a little bit imagination and it works. I can´t give more effects but I´m sure that there are many routines and ideas that you can you do without any talk.

Pete
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Ian,
I love dramatic metal bending with little or no words spoken. Think "Bent Cent", pulse stopping, etc. PK Time can be done with little said . . . you have to be quite careful when choosing effects where you will not speak.

Best,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Kioku can be done without a word said between you and the spec. You reveal the exact memory they are thinking of.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Kioku is a great example. Perfect, Roth Smile Especially since the lack of spoken words makes it so much more powerful, IMHO.

-J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
I love Kioku, and have found that stretching the silence out during the build up can make the effect even more powerful.
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Kioku is quite a remarkable effect and as close to pure mindreading as I have ever come. Moreover, the service from Rick and his company is outstanding.
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
How does Kioku differ from Derren Brown's Reminiscence?
You can PM me if you wish.
Thanks,
-James
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Whats Kiouku ????
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-05-22 04:24, Ian Broadmore wrote:
Whats Kiouku ????

Here
outlaw effects
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Ah thanks, sounds interesting
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
Have a look at the 'Silent Treatment' by I think Jon Allen. You could maybe adapt it more to Mentalism. (I have)
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Hi ian, I discussed the idea of silent mentalism with others over at the sanctum. theres a really nice thread on it. I also mentioned performing for deaf people. you should check it out.
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Silent Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL