The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dr. Jak's oiginal "Supersonic Prediction" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
For an easy self-working mentalist's prop that's been around for decades...the original "Dr. Jak's Supersonic Prediction" is hard to beat.

For the purists here..stop reading, because:
1. It's a 'prop' (actually its just a stand to hold 10 playing cards).
2. It involves playing cards.

Currently, only the 6-card JUMBO size is available ...which, IMHO looks totally like a magic store prop because audience members don't normally see or handle JUMBO playing cards. Plus, most importantly, NONE of the 6 cards can be freely removed from the stand, exposing their faces.

The original 10-card version is superior because standard-size bridge or poker cards are displayed on the stand. Plus, and most importantly - if the numbers #2-9 are selected, then the TWO cards on either side of the chosen card can be lifted out of the stand, displaying their FULL FACES. If numbers #1 or 10 are chosen, then just the one card next to the chosen card can be lifted from the stand, showing the full face.

(The patter being to the effect of: "You could have chosen THIS card or THIS card...but instead you wanted this one, etc".)

The only downside to the 10-card version, is if an ODD number is chosen, then the cards would have to be counted from RIGHT to LEFT (audience point of view)...which is handled by the performer (or the spectator himself)standing behind the stand and then counting from HIS left to right...to arrive at the selected card.

Anyway, for those that have the 10-card version, I have come up with a way that eliminates the suspicious "right to left" counting, from the audience's point of view.

Feel free to PM me, if interested.
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Hi.

This is a very old post but I was wondering if you still come on here to post. Let me know if you are I had a question for you that maybe you might be able to answer.

Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dr. Jak's oiginal "Supersonic Prediction" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL