The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Kaps on BBC Special (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
This post is to know if anyone has that video.

I just reviewed a topic of Fred Kaps and some quoted that show, and a tape some people may have.

For what I read, Kaps there performs Homing Card, Smoking his Thumb and Chinese Sticks.

I'm very interested in this, I'd be willing to trade for some Kaps material I own (of course, not official material).

I hope I'm not out of line for asking this.
Thanks,

Antonio
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
Anyone?? Smile
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Fred Kaps performed this show for the BBC in the mid 70s. It was produced by John Fisher, who also produced the PARKINSON chat show at the same time which had:
Ricky Jay, Fred Kaps and Richiardi Jnr as guests. Each of these three were then given their own 'Special' by the BBC. Kaps pereformed his beautiful 'Chink-a-Chink' routine with some gorgeous brass weights (made for him by Tonny Van Rhee).
He also performed his 'Floating Cork' (Marketed by Ken Brooke) and, a number of other items in his own immaculate style. On his own 'special', he performed the 'Chinese Sticks', a 'Ring & Rope' routine with the borrowed finger ring penetrating the stem of a wine glass! (Pete Biro's idea I believe). He also performed the best version of 'The Homing Card' ever, as far as I'm concerned!
I have both of these shows on video somewhere, but unfortunately they're not for
sale! It might be worth advertising for them in magical magazines or on e-bay?
The only other alternative is to email John Fisher himself and see if he can help?
Due to copyright regulations however, I think you'll be lucky. Anyway, I'll keep an ear to the ground for you and, I'll let you know if I hear anything worthwhile. You have good taste! Good luck. Regards, Steve.
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
Thank you very much Steve.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Antonio
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Kaps on BBC Special (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL