The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Will Rogers snap knot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
This is a first for me and not really my style, but I greatly appreciate the opportunity to receive constructive criticism, so I'm posting a few little clips tonight- no routines- just little bits. My sister and I were out filming snippits for a magicalaurie indie movie yesterday. Smile Thanks very much to the folks who'll take the time to have a look. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac......30742167
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Nice knot. Did you learn the Will Rogers Snap Knot from Dennis Loomis Knot Routine Plus DVD? If you haven't seen Dennis snap a knot with a rope in both hands, its worth a look. I know how difficult that knot is to master and when you get it down it is very satisfying. Good job.

What type of rope are you using?

Dan
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Hey Dan,

Thanks very much. I learned the trick from a juggling book at my local library. Smile I'll check out Dennis Loomis. I saw a thread here not too long ago on the knot and it mentioned trying with a rope in each hand. I'll be pursuing that, indeed.

The rope I'm using is my raggedy practice rope- cut from a kid's 14 foot skipping rope. Has a core. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks again.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To magicalaurie,
Congratulations. I took a look at your video very well done. Reminds me of Will Rogers technique which you can see briefly on my DVD. I use a somewhat shorter rope, but I think your's is stiffer. I find learning to do this easiest with a very limber rope. But you are proof that it can be done with a longer, stiffer rope.
Best Wishes,
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Good one.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thankyou thankyou. Smile

Appreciate you guys taking a look.
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Very cool.

~John
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thanks very much, John. Appreciated.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
That was really well done. I had never seen it done that way. I have a different way, that works for me with a shorter rope.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I like your coin roll clip too...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thanks for checking 'em out, Pete. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseactio......23454928

Demo of snap knot with the left hand. Hoping to get the right and left together soon for the double.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Will Rogers snap knot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL