The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » MOABT and Phone Booktest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Hi
I am putting togethor a stage show, coprising of magic and mentalism effect, ad was hoping to guage your educacted opinions on a "dilema" I have encountered. Within the space of a 45 minute show do you think it is feasable too present both of the above effect.

MOABT is a "mind reading" peace and Phone test is actually a prediction piece. So in taht sense they are different, but do you think it is possible for the audience to distinguish between the 2 effects or will they merely believe one is a basic adaptitain of the other and they have seen it before.

Advice and thoughts are much appreciated.
Peace out
Nick
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Personally, I feel that for the sake of structure, books should only be presented once during a show, if included at all.

If the two effects were each part of one larger routine (together) it could make sense. But to do a book test and then LATER go to the phone book, I feel it's simply using and pulling out too many books for one audience.

I hope that makes sense.

-J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Does indeed, these were my thoughts were to, I guess I wa simply reluctant to drop one due to my love of both!
Cheers
Nick
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Well Im using MOAB with Devin Knight's Double Coincidence(Dictionary) and later on in my act Im using a phone book as a climax to my memory piece.There is no absolute rule,why not try it out and see how it plays...with scripting,premise and a just reason it could make sense but Nick only you can know that.

Best,

Pete
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » MOABT and Phone Booktest (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL