The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Any card at any number" best effect » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
brew
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of brew
get card on top and do se****d d**l

easy
jasons_mind
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of jasons_mind
Has anyone played with Cassidy's methods? Besides Richardson's, I like his too.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Patrick Redford's versions are very, very good. If you are looking for a totally improptu, borrowed deck version Patrick's book, Tri Angle is a must see.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
The problem with ACAAN is that you have to compromise something. We all want the effect that is super clean that we see on TV. Unfortunately, we can never get this. Some require a gimmicked deck or multiple decks, others require a setup. Others you cannot deal the cards face up. Some versions don't allow the spectator to deal the cards.

I think it all comes down to presentation. If you frame the effect as its supposed to be (name a card and it will be at this number) then it doesn't matter what method you use.

Spectators don't remember all the fine details of a trick, so I say we don't need to worry too much about them.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
The version in triangle doesn't involve a set-up, multiple decks (unless one really wants to go that extra step), allows the cards to be dealt face up, AND the spectator deals.

All of this is able to be possible because of the way the effect has been framed.

This is a much different approach to that of the one published in Mendacity as well that used a non-deck switch switch. Those who have it will understand what that means.

"One for the Money" I think is great. I perform a variation of this as well although I wouldn't exactly put in the class as ACAAN with the way it was originally written as a card is chosen and returned to the pack before being found again.
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
To me, the best thing about the routine in Triangle is the presentational angle; anyone here who thinks that 'lay people' don't care about the ACAAN plot or aren't impacted by clean conditions, should take a look at Patrick's approach - he makes the astonishment personal.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
What is the name of the ACAAN routine in "Triangle"?
I don't seem to see it in the advertisement of the book.

Thank you,
magiclee
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On 2007-05-27 09:36, magiclee wrote:
What is the name of the ACAAN routine in "Triangle"?
I don't seem to see it in the advertisement of the book.

Thank you,
magiclee

That would be "Rain King". Cheers.
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Have a look on http://www.youtube.com for videos on easy but effective ways to acheive this kind of effect.

I like this one from Dr Zodiac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4EGr4RM29s
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Check out Phantinis method
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2007-05-27 12:38, Ian Broadmore wrote:
Check out Phantinis method

Would love to. In which publication should I search?
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Among the over 100 topics that are already about Any Card at Any Number, these are exactly the same as this topic. Please continue the discussion in the topic below.

Best ACAAN method

What is your favorite "Any Card At Any Number" effect?

Any card at any number...closest to perfect?

To find many other similar topics, use the Magic Café Search engine and search for "ACAAN" in the title to the topic, or do a search on "Card Number" in the title to the topic.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Any card at any number" best effect » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL