The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Forced numbers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tripnastic
View Profile
New user
St.Louis, Mo
7 Posts

Profile of Tripnastic
Hey guys, I'm looking for a mentalist effect that can force an answer of the number 5, any ideas?
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
There are many methods in the literature for forcing just about any card or number.

For example, force #150 from Annmann's "202 Methods of Forcing" will force the number 5.

This particular book is available in downloadable electronic form for only $2 from http://www.lybrary.com

Good luck, and welcome to the wonderful world of magic!
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
An overlooked method to force 'just' a number is to use any card force and force the five of any suit. Simply note that you will be using just the 'number' of the card selected and go from there. This is quite a nice method as the method itself puts you a kind of 'one remove' from the how, etc. Since the card itself is not really the focus it takes heat away from the method used to do the force. Best,
Brad Burt
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
An excellent idea!

Mark.
Tripnastic
View Profile
New user
St.Louis, Mo
7 Posts

Profile of Tripnastic
Thanks guys!
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
I have a couple of mentalism tricks where any number from 1-10 can be used, and they aren't really all that impressive by themselves. But I use a deck of cards for the same reasons Brad mentioned, and suddenly it seems more like "magic" and less like math. Mentalism is impressive, but if you don't have a good lead in, it just feels cheesy. Using the cards to help them pick a number, ties it in to other effects you may be using. So, if you can force a 5, then I would definately reccomend taking Brad's advice.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Forced numbers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL