The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hogzilla (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Now here is a hog I would have loved to show!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=......ge=large

Enjoy.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Reminds me of those fish photos where you put the fish wayyy close to the camera and you stay further back and it makes the fish look much larger than it is.

While I think the photo is a set up when I was in South Georgia I saw wild pigs that looked like little VW Bugs with muscles.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
It sure "looks" like a BIG pig...but one has to wonder given what camera tricks people are capable of doing.

Seems like it would have received more press coverage if true other than what little has been said.

According to Snopes.com, the urban legend site, this has been somewhat exaggerated.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp

Mark.
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Its real, there was a speical on the first one on National Geographic and they had scientist do tests on it and such. And this newer one is pretty big too; it made my paper and the houston paper. As I too hunt hogs I have seen how big they can get. Though I have never seen these hogzillas.

And don't believe everything on snope either. ITs funny how so many go to that site, they aren't all knowledgable. Even they have been wrong.

The first one is old news and has been out for a while.
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Thousand pound(and larger) hogs are not as uncommon as you might think.
I've personally seen at least a dozen of various breeds that size.
I've even played caretaker for them.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
In actuality the REAL original Hogzilla was very small and resided in a jar. He was my first Grind Show and I got him from Pete Hennen from an ad in Brill's about 1970/71 I think. His debut was with Gene Holters Wild Animal Show combined with Parley Bare's Flying Circus under the Top in Anchorage Alaska. Across the midway was a terrific Headless Girl set up and the midway and our little side show/Grindshows were under a long top next to the Main show. We would open the grind between main shows and in the show I wrestled Holter's big Bengal Tiger a few times. The little two headed pig I named Hogzilla did very well (he was pretty cute) and I had the time of my life and lived a dream. (At the time I was also well known DJ in town so it was all a blast of a week.)
Hogzilla was sold to a local popular bar "Chilcoot Charlie's" and may still be there behind the bar by the bullet holes. I do miss Alaska sometimes.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Turns out this hog I linked to in the first post was a pet four days earlier. It's name was Fred, or something like that. The owner sold it to a "hunting farm".

The kid took seven shots with a 50 cal to kill a tame pig...they left that part out of the story.
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Quote:
On 2007-06-19 02:53, Doug Higley wrote:
In actuality the REAL original Hogzilla was very small and resided in a jar. He was my first Grind Show and I got him from Pete Hennen from an ad in Brill's about 1970/71 I think. His debut was with Gene Holters Wild Animal Show combined with Parley Bare's Flying Circus under the Top in Anchorage Alaska. Across the midway was a terrific Headless Girl set up and the midway and our little side show/Grindshows were under a long top next to the Main show. We would open the grind between main shows and in the show I wrestled Holter's big Bengal Tiger a few times. The little two headed pig I named Hogzilla did very well (he was pretty cute) and I had the time of my life and lived a dream. (At the time I was also well known DJ in town so it was all a blast of a week.)
Hogzilla was sold to a local popular bar "Chilcoot Charlie's" and may still be there behind the bar by the bullet holes. I do miss Alaska sometimes.

=====================================================================================
Doug:
Was that Headless framed on an old 60's era housetrailer with a metal fold-out
front and a long viewing window with a walk-up platform?
Did the artwork depict a woman standing on the balcony of her apartment being
decapitated by the blades of a helicopter?
Was it called "KIM"?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Oh I love stories about morons and wimps killing tame animals. Way to go studs! I've seen video out of Texas where they wussies shoot tame and chained big cats. I'd like to see those hicks chained and let the tame cat hunt them.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Pete: Nope. That Headless was behind canvas sheets (again it was inside the Top) and the banners (Fantastic banners!!!!) were of the Train Wreck. Don't remember who did them but they were sweet and spectacular. Same guy also did the G2G that I mentioned. He was a bogus Hypno performer and I think his stage name was Chandar or something like that. Nice guy...a little shaky but up and up.

For the Pig, I had built a plywood enclosure (no top as it was to be on the inside of the Top.) There was a single front panle 4x8 that I painted with the NYC skyline being attacked by a giant two headed pig with planes shooting at him. Go around the corner and there is little Hogzilla in his jar. They loved it! For other shows up there in AK I had an OLD teardrop trailer rigged out with a bunch of exhibits as the World's Smallest Museum. He was in there as the star.

Remind me to tell you about the big Snake Show that came up the Alcan one year in February! That was a pip.

MagicSanta, I'm with you on that!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Doug:
Ahh...
I did not get the part about it all being under one top.
Sidewall dividers,I assume?
The Royal had a Headless that depicted a train wreck.
I believe that was a metal front with art by Hank Wren(?).
"MYRA"
Possibly he painted those banners as well?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hogzilla (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL