The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Touching... 'JaY-JaY' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jayaweera
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of jayaweera
We are going to talk on how to touch women....(just joshing)

WE are going to talk about the 'TOUCHING' part of pickpocketing.

First of all.

You need to touch a person to remove an article from them. Pretty obvious. Though what is too much, what is too little and how do you touch a person comfortably - without them suing you?

BIG TIP:

If you do not feel comfortable touching a person in general, then pick pocketing is going to be harder for you. However you can learn to be more comfortable with touching someone.

You first need to get the audience comfortable when they are around you. If you do not make them feel safe or trustworthy within the first 5-10 seconds when you meet them, touching a person is going to be a lot harder than you think. You need to show confidence when you show yourself. Confidence...not cockiness. A big mistake about some performers. Thinking they are the best and no-one can beat them. Back to the topic.

Some performers tell you not take an item of a spectator straight away. Some do not mind. I have tried both methods of stealing. One was straight away and one was more delayed. However both times I noticed I was always in their space – which helped a lot. I do believe it comes down to a person as well. We performers have to be very observant of when we steal, we do have to choose our spectators accordingly and with care.

I do believe of getting the spectators into a routine of when you touch them in means nothing to them. So if they are not worried about the small amounts of touching you might be doing (holding their wrist, hand on shoulder for tie steal), this is when you steal. Of course you need verbal misdirection and sometimes-physical misdirection, though if they are not worried that you are holding their wrist or touching the neck, you’re pretty much free. Get me? However, not everyone can be pick-pocketed. Some people are just very aware of their situation. Of course this requires more touching and misdirection, though sometimes they just bust you. That’s Life.

Touching Men is always easier than touching women. I know it's silly to say this, though I needed to say it. The only thing I take from women is really their watch. I still touch women on their arms lightly, or on their back when I want them to do something. However you do not want your hand missing an object on their body, and touching a womens chest to say.

Is there too much touching?

I really do not think there is too much touching unless you are hugging them or practically holding on to them. A HUGE TIP FOR TOUCHING. Every time you touch a person, it’s for a reason. You might be holding onto their wrist for a watch steal, or touching them consistently on their back to go into a tie steal. It’s just so important that you touch them for a reason. If you do not touch a person in a way for a reason, they will say something about you touching them or you will lose jobs, as people will tell others that we had this performer always touching us.

Now before you get scared about touching people and never want to pickpocket again. Remember, Remember, Remember. People will not remember that you touched them on the wrist or on their back if you give them a watch or a tie back. I loved what James coats said: You do not have to make sense of what you are saying; you just have to keep the audience confused or misdirected. They do not remember that you did not make sense; all they remember that you stole there watch, tie, belt, etc.
So if touching a person is more comfortable for you, then use that to your advantage. Just make sure you will hopefully steal that item. If you don’t, explain to them I was trying to get of your watch and then they will understand why you were touching their wrist so much.

How to touch a person comfortably:

Lets turn the tables around:

If someone were touching you, until what point would you feel uncomfortable? I know guys who don’t do a belt steal, for that whole reason. When this person saw me take this guys belt of at a fate, he came up to me after and said, “ Mate, how do you touch someone around their, without them going ape at you.” I told him, “Misdirection and confidence.”

You should be able to take most things if you keep the audience misdirected with something else. If you feel uncomfortable and nervous when doing a steal, the audience will catch on and feel uncomfortable too.

I was very scared, when I was trying to take my first belt. I said, “Jeez touching someone else down there.” However it was until after I kept trying and trying that I can now take it without feeling uncomfortable. The secret my friends is, COURAGE!

If your cool with it, and having a good time. The audience will normally be cool with it. Of course you never would touch a man right on his genitals. Though other than that place on a man, everything else is fine. Belts, wallet, hip pockets.

I think touching comes down to.

Being Comfortable – to touch someone without you feeling nervous.

Being Confident – to take a chance with a steal. Just going for it. You will fail. Though practise again.

Being in Control – to be a good pickpocket, you need to be in control of everything that’s happening. Watch Greg Wilson perform or Bob Arno work. You need to be the most aware person on stage. This is why pickpocketing is a lot harder than some may think. And this is why Bob Arno gets $8500 US+ a show. No lies.

I hope you have got a few things from this topic. I like to rabble a bit, though that’s me!

Let me know of what you think!

JaY-JaY
Be Unique - Be Creative - Be Yourself
www.jayjayentertainment.com
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Ummm,

I find it a little easier to to touch women than men...

but that is just me jay ;-)

...joshin'
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
This is great Post....Especially for a Newcomer in Pickpocketing like me....keep them coming guys
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Touching... 'JaY-JaY' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL