The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David Copperfield + New material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Yes, Banestar,

Image does set D.C. apart, but no one really knows his point of view on anything. That's the subject of Eric Mead's essay. Penn and Teller have both, and (on the other side) Andre' Kole has both.

Branding is OK, but it's even better to know the company has a point beyond the brand.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Quote:
but no one really knows his point of view on anything

Are you referring to everday events or his point of view/opinion on magic?

A lot of people don't like to voice thier views in public. I think he plays it safe that way. I know most of his interviews all seem from the same script though. Cracks me up sometimes when someone asks a question and his answer has nothing to do with the original question. He did have one interview with a German fellow which was quite funny and different from his previous ones though.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
On his special Tornado of Fire, he was outside and did a couch levitation. Was this camera tricks or could it have been done live?
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
It was done live
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
Cracks me up sometimes when someone asks a question and his answer has nothing to do with the original question.

Sounds like a politician to me. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
The outdoor sofa levitation can't be done outdoors unless it's on TV.

On a stage with control it looks great!

DC is spending the remainder of 2007 here in Las Vegas - no touring. So I am hoping that some new material will appear in his show during that time.

--Jack Smile
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Quote:
On 2007-08-16 16:26, Alex Linian wrote:
It was done live

Yes, but it like 2 or 3 30 second clips from outside and one of those clips he made a couch levitate really high. I don't think anyone was watching it live at the time, but want to know it it could be done.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Also done on stage for a TV special. Two guys brought up from the audience on the couch.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
He will be comming along well,it takes time to develope new routines.wish more would be as sucessful in this art.it would ne neat to see a reality show called "you want to be a magician" now I`d be watching that one close LOL.
Who knows they might be working on that program right now as I speak.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Quote:
On 2007-08-17 08:58, enginemagic wrote:
it would ne neat to see a reality show called "you want to be a magician" now I`d be watching that one close LOL.
Who knows they might be working on that program right now as I speak.

They are actually producing such a show, called Phenomenon. Hosted by Criss Angel and Uri Geller to "find the next great mentalist".

Its being discussed here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......6&12
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
D.C. is coming to Canada (eh) on Jan.15th for two shows... (just thought id mention that)
Engywuck
View Profile
New user
Ulm, Germany
1 Post

Profile of Engywuck
Hi MagicalOdyssey!

Where did you find that? Are there any plans for a tour to Europe?
I'm glad to hear that he's leaving MGM at all ;-)
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
David will be in Jakarta Indonesia start on 24 to 28 October 2007. The ticket is about $35 to $110.

Cheers,
CC
Alexandermagic
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
22 Posts

Profile of Alexandermagic
Quote:
On 2007-08-15 22:29, Carrie Sue wrote:
Yes, Banestar,

Image does set D.C. apart, but no one really knows his point of view on anything. That's the subject of Eric Mead's essay. Penn and Teller have both, and (on the other side) Andre Kole has both.

Branding is OK, but it's even better to know the company has a point beyond the brand.

Carrie

Yes Carrie,

I see your point. For years David has "played it safe" by revealing carefully crafted sides of himself(?) to his audience. In the 70s and 80s this worked really well, not just for David but for many celebrities of that era. Now a days, now that "information" (sometimes too much information) and being "real" is in, I think it's harder for him. People have seen celebrities followed around their kitchen and/or bedrooms with handheld cameras and expect that sort of thing. That's not David. There's David on stage: captivating, interesting, funny. And David off stage: serious, relentless, paranoid, workaholic.(so I hear). I don't think the public could grasp how different the two are. In some ways I think it's smart to play a character. In other ways I think it doesn't work as well in 2007. e.g., show a little grey in your hair! Answer a question and sound sincere in an interview. But 3 decades of longevity and millions in the bank. He's doing something right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David Copperfield + New material (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL