The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Undo the Cut (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of magician8
I don't kow about cheaters, but in a table, I feel pretty confident with my one handed erdnase shift, never failed me.
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
686 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 06:18, tommy wrote:
When you place the cards down to be cut, a good % of players not only cut but complete it. What ways are there of stoping them doing that do you guys know?
Its not like you could say, cut it into two packets, as a magician might.

The moment you place the deck in front of the cutter, make an arcing motion with your index finger indicating you want the deck cut. Look away halfway through this gesture, either to give attention to someone talking at the far end of the table or to declare that the blinds be put up. As the deck is cut, move to secure the bottom half before the cutter does and complete it yourself. Since you are looking away, it's not like your trying to be sneaky or anything. If you miss, feign surprise and try again later. It only takes a handful of pots to pay for all those lap dances. I prefer forcing the cut myself.

The last game I was in, it was 3 in the morning and we got down to 4 players. Everyone was dead tired and we ended up with 4 decks in play with everyone shuffling and cutting on their own deal. This was to speed up the play as everyone wanted to ramp up the action and either take it down or bust out. You could imagine...
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Well considering card rooms and even big money private games utilize the center-dealer format, nullifying the cut is a relatively simple matter.

Magicians seem unable to grasp the notion that cheats almost always work in crews, thus in the majority of cases they simply cut to a brief. The solo cheater running up hands for himself and having to deal with the cut is a rare occurrence and an antiquated situation.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Well said, Z.
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
686 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Hey! You calling me old, Z?
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2007-07-29 03:57, rawdawg wrote:
Hey! You calling me old, Z?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
686 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
You're lucky you're still only drinking milk, otherwise...
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
I agree! well said Mr.Z
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Rawdawg

Thanks I have just noticed your repply.

Poker is not the only game played for cash and I have seen a lot dough change hands in other games, yet guys always think poker when cheating is mentioned.

Kalooki is a game plyeyed with two packs and jokers and there is an hop in that game that I used over and over and won thousands with. I don't know what it's called but it's bold yet I never seen it fail. Since you guys don't play the game it's no use telling you the move.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
686 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Well, your question was stated in such a way as to sound like only one deck was being used. Speaking of other games being played for cash, I used to play Gin Rummy with a bunch of ex-wards of the State at the local Gentleman's Club. It was mainly for fun but those guys were seriously good and those quarters added up quick. Lately, I've been frequenting Vietnamese Coffee shops and everyone there plays cards. I haven't asked what game they're playing but there's always cash spread all over the table. I'm going there this afternoon and will get nosy.

As far as your two pack plus joker hop, some people do two deck tricks and it might be of use to them...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Like backgammon it is played for various stakes but the game is played for high stakes by a lot people that I know. If this game is not played in the USA then I would strongly advise hustlers to learn it well and introduce it to the public.

http://www.rummyroyal.com/how_to_play/kaluki/demo.html

http://www.kalooki.co.uk/

Try thinking it through, really carefully.

I am sure you can work this one out if you concentrate it's an easy move.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Undo the Cut (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL