The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » 3 minutes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Hey all,

I have the opportunity to shoot a quick demo in a studio in a few weeks. I have 3 minutes tops. I don't want to do 17 quickies, nor do I have time for one big routine. Any suggestions?
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
What do you already do?

Give that some thought and have fun with something you've already worked up. Then, it's all about making your presentation the best it can be.

Mark.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Is this 3 minutes by yourself or 3 minutes as part of a larger show? If the latter, that means it is one take? Also, does this give you the opportunity to interact with anyone from the show?
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
It is part of a larger show, basically while one person is being taped, the next person is getting mic'd and put in make up.

I am not sure if people will be in studio, but probably not. I get no table, so it needs to be in the hands.
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
I have the shoot on Monday. I can be mic'd or not. Do I go with straight music, or play/talk to the camera?
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
I guess it depends on your style and what you feel you are going to be using this footage for.

I this were me, an interactive bit with the host would be the most powerful. BUT... that is me and my style. Your style is not my style.

You might want to just to pure music and use clips of this as part of a larger video down the road. There are so many possibilities. And you are the one who will know best what you feel you can perform.

Scott
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Thanks scott. there is no host, there is an empty studio, as it is only a screen test of sorts. I was thinking of using this as a part of a larger video down the road. thanks for the input!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » 3 minutes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL