The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic Menu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Is Magic Menu 1 still in print? How about 2?

Thanks, Merci, Gracias,

Luke
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
spycrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
295 Posts

Profile of spycrapper
I don't think both volume is still in print. The first five years are very rare and hard to find, but the second five years may still be found in some dealers
Magic is life

Ario A.
visit my blog:
http://amagicblog.wordpress.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
The Magic Menu, by Jim Sisti, is a fantastic book set, if you can find it.

Vol. 1, The First Five Years, is out of print, but can be found occasionally through used book dealers, online auctions, etc...

Vol. 2, Years 6 Through 10, is still in print and can be found at various dealers. Harry Allen at Daytona Magic has it.

http://daytonamagic.net/customer/index.c......tId=7254

Hope this helps. Mark.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've not heard from anyone with authority but I've heard strong rumblings that The Magic Menue the first ten years will be put out as an EBook. I'm going to see if I can find out more.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Nice! The shop that I work at has a few and I picked one up last night.

Thanks for the info guys.

Luke
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Anyone have any idea what "The First Five Years" might be going for?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
THE RUMOR IS NO MORE.

I've confirmed just a few minutes ago that w/in the next two weeks (shooting for next week but things can go wrong) an E-version of The Magic Menu will be available. Please keep in mind I'm not real computer savy so if I use the wrong terms feel free to correct me but be nice.

I was told that you can get a disk of the first five years and another of the second five years. This will be fully searchable. What will also be available on the site is a searchable index and you can then purchase downloads of individual issues (may be able to get on disk) that might have things that interest you rather than getting the whole shabang. I think the big volumes may also be downloadable but I'm not sure about that. This is very cool and I think will be much sought after.

I asked about the availability of the three Magic Menu volumes available. Vol one, the first five years, is out of print and good luck finding it. The second five years is out of print but some volumes remain in some retailer hands as far as they know. The Final Four issues that are in one book, and which is not planned for release as an ebook at this time, should be found with little problem.

There you have it. Once I find out, or if anyone else does, the website or when they open for ebusiness I'll let you know. The Magic Menu is a great resource for not only restaurant and bar guys but also general close up and the colums are great.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
There's still a copy down at my local shop for $45. http://www.thecuckoosnest.com

I hate ebooks. I have some, but it's so hard on my eyes...
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I wouldn't advise you buy any ebooks then. I think for things like The Books of Wonder and The Magic Menu and some of the journals it is great because you can do searches on it. Mike Close, with his excellent products, made me a fan of ebooks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic Menu (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL