The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Body Amp? (Belt Amp) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Does anybody know who makes these? The venue I'm at now dosn't allow amps, but I heard about this one I can get away with that you wear on your belt. I will be taking drama / acting classes, but until than I need help projecting my voice for my crowds.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What type of venue is it?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The best amp of this type that I have ever seen is one that I saw a pitchman using at a trade show. It basically looks like a short shawl or a large flat set of lapels. It fits around the neck, and has two small speakers that would be on either side of your chest. I think he had the thing made for him by an electronics guy in Hollywood.

The speakers were about the size of a regular wallet.

It was battery operated and did not feed back.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
Bruce Kalver lectured at our IBM meeting last month, and he was selling them. His web address in his Birthday Party Portfolio is

http://www.tophatprod.com/magic

It wouldn't cover a big space, but certainly was effective in enlarging his voice.

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
nick nickolas
View Profile
New user
Melbourne Australia
78 Posts

Profile of nick nickolas
I have a chattervox,,, works well,, Don't use it anymore infact only used it about 5 times,,, got in the way of the pouch and not so good for large circle edges
Is light and powerful not as powerful as an amp can but a bloody site lighter and can be hidden,,
uses rechagable batteries,,,
check out http://www.chattervox.com/cgi-bin/thatsanorder_LE/
as I said I've used it a bit and one of my students used it maybe 20 times..
as good as new I'll sell it to you ,,, P.M. me and make me an offer ,,,
cheers Nick
illuzns
View Profile
Regular user
My Room in Va.
104 Posts

Profile of illuzns
I purchased a belt projection mic/sound box that attachecd to your belt. It has a head set style mic. You used to be able to get them at Radio shack. I don't know if they still sell them or not. You also might be able to use a FM wireless Mic which they use to carry at Radio shack also, but you will need some kind of portable stereo to receive the signal. Good luck.
Illuzns
illuzns
View Profile
Regular user
My Room in Va.
104 Posts

Profile of illuzns
Just checked today about the body amps at Radio shack and they are suposedly stil available on line at radio shack. the FM wireles mics are available in the stores.
Iluzns
Amon
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
134 Posts

Profile of Amon
Listen...for a 103.99 you can get the belt strap on mic with headset (http://www.camcor.com/cgi-bin/cat/id=986317048). I love mine! Ever since I swithched to one my crowds have at least doubled.. my only complaint is that every (approx) 5 hours you have to switch at least 4 double A's batteries. I'm so happy I can go to bed tonight with a "shot" voice. -Amon
here and now
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I just checked my permit again, and it said everything must be battery operated, they will not let me use any of their electricity at all..

thanks for the offer guys, but I just don't have the pocket for the chattervox, or 103.99 for this at the moment . ... I guess I didn't know what I was asking.

That 40 dollar one at radio shack is right up my alley, but they said it would require an outlet.. oh well, 4th of July is coming up, hopefully I'll make enough money to spend on somethin.. Thanks Guys, appreciate it a lot.. I'll report back after the 4th

George Gilbert
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I have the Apollo that amon mentioned and I love it! It is for smaller crowds GREAT for a sidewalk worker. It does not pack the punch to do a full circle show (100+ spectators) but you can do a fairly large sidewalk show (up to 50 spectators) with it. I used it Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, while working for the Red Sox doing some street shows and it worked like a champ. I had a (great) Dixieland band with horns and drum working the next pitch and I had no problem holding the crowd and having them hear me with this unit. For the price I highly recommend it if you do a smaller show.

A tip, if you wear a vest and work from a pouch you can strap it around your chest under your vest and still work from the pouch quite easily. It makes the unit almost invisible and causes the sound to travel further because the sound is coming at them closer to ear level and not waist high.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Amon
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
134 Posts

Profile of Amon
Hey Danny...thanks for that tip.I've never tried it around the chest, but I'll be sure to now. I've noticed that my sound is drowned when bands are playing close to me..I currently wear it ontop of my "butt" (like a butt pack); and facing the opposite direction of my audience. Do you ever get feedback with it on your chest? That's the only reason I don't wear it facing the front side... Best -Amon
here and now
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I used it all weekend with no feedback. You can't crank it up all the way but three quarters at chest level will be 200% better than hanging it on your back. Give it a try, I think you'll like it.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Personal Microphone System
Radio Shack Cat No. 32-2015

I believe they are discontinued, but you can still find them in stores. Six AA batteries, I use rechargeable. Not very loud, but the change in your voice helps draw them in ... and saves on your vocal cords as well.

The Chatterbox is way overpriced ... I paid $20.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Amon
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
134 Posts

Profile of Amon
Thanks a bunch Danny..-Amon
here and now
DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
Hey Danny wen wearing it on your chest do you put it in the front facing the audience or the back?
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Front facing the audience. I really can't say enough good things about this unit! I am getting about 4 hours of usable time from 6 double A batteries. The thing is plenty loud enough for small shows. I did a show last night for about 50 people and the band was playing with brass section just 25 feet away from me. I said, "Can you guys hear me okay? and they all screamed, "YEAH!". This thing is a god send.

It is clear...enough and it is loud...enough. For a circle show you are going to want something else but for the guy who travels light this thing kicks serious backside.

Best,

Dan-

DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
Hey thanks Danny. By the way I signed up for the buskers Café. Not sure if you got it yet.

Thanks Again
Amon
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
134 Posts

Profile of Amon
I just used mine for two days straight (almost ten hours) and I think the batteries are finally conkin...yeah it's good for a sidewalk show..i used mine (the apollo) today in a circle show and it still seemed to work fine ( though, I didn't have no musicians around competing)..I did notice Bobby Mav had a very nice wireless soundsystem and amp that ran off batteries and it was prob 3 or 4 times (maybe more) the cost of the apollo...but it was truly an excellent sound system..pm Bah123 and he might give you the details of his most excellent sound system.
here and now
DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
Where do I find Bah123?

thanx
Amon
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
134 Posts

Profile of Amon
My mistake..BAH1313 is the correct name..disregard the other name (Bah123)..just PM BAH1313 for more info on his high rollin' sound system
here and now
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Body Amp? (Belt Amp) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL