The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Underwater 75 foot Rope Escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
No no, the cinder block should stay if you can handle it. Everyone in the audience knows what it is, and that it is heavy. Diving equipment is not familiar to everyone, and does not look nearly as foreboding.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
bostonzero
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, Ma
101 Posts

Profile of bostonzero
Cliff, good point. Then the ankles shall deal with it once again. I like the look of the cinderblock too, plus it's what I have to unlock myself from since the chain goes through it, which adds a bit more excitement and challenge than just getting chains and ropes off underwater. But on one of the times they release the rope before I scooted to the edge of the diving board so the cinderblock was hanging from just the chains wrapped around my ankles, and that really hurt since I couldn't bend my knees to take some pressure off. It was folding my feet down and putting a lot of pressure on my ankles and feet. So as long as no one screws up (especially me) then the next one should be much better...I hope.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Get pictures or film of the injuries, it adds to it. Also keep in the getting tied up (to be honest it looked more like 7 foot rather than70) it may add time but that's part of the interest ..... Great video called "Jay Leslie does crochet" ...... Ok it's a DVD about the 100ft rope escape some good stuff on there about business!

The tie up is important to sell the escape and. You need to prove you are needing to escape (many ways to do this) ...

My thought abou a weight belt is this.... Most won't know what it is .... Those that do will know you have access to diving stuff! Urgo you have an air tank and regulator. Assumption and Conjecture but it's also logical.
bostonzero
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, Ma
101 Posts

Profile of bostonzero
Good call, thanks for all the advice and tips guys, I appreciate it a lot and it's better than just having to hear, "you suck". Y'all have been very helpful. It's funny, almost everything everyone on here has told me, I already knew, but slacked and didn't do anything about. I think I kind of cheated people (everyday audiences) by assuming it would look just fine to most everyday people...and never really thought of it until now. I needed this extra "push" by you guys "in the know", now I can give myself that extra push.
My 100 ft rope escape videos that are on solid ground all show me getting tied up, same with my straitjacket escapes, I always include the tie up. But since this one didn't get the tie up filmed, I just used the pictures.
I'll be sure to show the underwater footage too next time. I'll have to buy another video camera over the next couple of weeks...and an actual waterproof camera case (or bag as Darkart spoke of)so I won't have to worry about ruining another camera, still haven't told my fiancee about it yet...she bought me the camera. Gulp...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Underwater 75 foot Rope Escape (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL