The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Beginner Coin Magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SimonP
View Profile
New user
South West England
85 Posts

Profile of SimonP
Hi everyone im mainly a card magician, and ive just moved over to starting some coin stuff. Like most other coin magicians i ordered a copy of Bobo and ive got it, but i find some of the simplest stuff looks quite hard. Well mine doesn't seem to "flow" as much as I would like it to. i was wondering if anyone could do me some vidoes or summing of just some basic things such as classic palming and some of the simple vanishes so i can compare them to mine and stuff. Any tips would be greatly appreciated Smile
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
do a search on this topic. You should also check out Dan Watkins website, Coinvanish.com - I trust you will find it most helpful

Regards
bilz
View Profile
New user
Cornwall, UK
88 Posts

Profile of bilz
Simon - I just purchased Michael Ammar's 'The complete introduction to coin magic' on DVD and can fully recommend it.

It's around £20 from magictricks.co.uk and has palms, vanishes, transfers and tricks that will complement Bobo. I also find the book hard to follow but actually seeing the moves is helping a lot.

Bilz
Learn as if you would live forever...
...live as if you would die tomorrow.
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
I agree. Bobo's is good for learning the basic sleights but video really helps. I learned a lot from Coinvanish.com and next I will be buying Michael Ammar's 'The complete introduction to coin magic'. I also think it helps to motivate a person to learn a new effect when they can see it performed, as opposed to just reading about it.
KJ
View Profile
New user
Louisville, KY
97 Posts

Profile of KJ
try reading Bobo like a book, and don't move on until you have mastered each move...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Beginner Coin Magician (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL