The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Another triple threat question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Have received my triple threat from todd and it is beautiful, however I have one question to enable me to flip the coin in the air, I need the coin to show two heads on the cons, does that sound right, if I have showing a head and an eagle the coins come apart when flipped, just wondering if you guys had the same sort of thing?
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Should work the same either way Daren.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
The normal shell and the milled down coin can be orientated the right way, head and tail side showing, however to enable me to flip the gimmick, the expanded shell needs to be placed over the tail side of the coin, which leaves me a double headed coin, just wondering if anyone had the same thing with their triple threat?
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Are both ]'s heads?
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Yes
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Daren,

It is not supposed to work like that. The two shells should be able to nest both over the head side. It sounds like you need a slightly thicker shim in the top shell.

Give him a call and explain the problem, he should be able to fix it.

Dan
Click to visit:
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Daren,

Dan is correct, you should be able to flip the coin with the "heads" and "tails" showing and you should contact Todd as Dan suggests. Don't forget, however, you might just find it useful to have a double-headed coin at some point and you can use the TT as such. I also use the coin and first [ for my Hopping Half routine (I guess I should call it my "Hopping Dollar" routine Smile Just another use of this versatile gaff.

Regards, Steve
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have had ab email from todd and it appears my coin is right, he said maybe I am flicking too hard and that is why they are coming apart, just tried flicking not so hard and they stay together, I guess the flip thing with this special gimmick is a knack thing
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Hi Daren,

Don't use flick move by balance your coin on first finger and flick it with your thumb (i hope you get what I mean). Instead just lay the coin on the fingers in open palm position and toss it using your fingers

Hope this help

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Cheers for all your helpful posts, its been a great help
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Daren, out of curiosity, put both shells over the tail side and try it. If they stay together that way? I have owned two Triple Threats, and both of them, I would not be able to flip the shells off even if I tried.
Click to visit:
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Daren,

One point of thought... is your set a half dollar set? If so, I don't have any experience with that. I think the dollar size coins have a tendency for the shells to stay on better because there is more side material.

I have a dollar size shell set that is not magnetic, that I can flip without it un-nesting (unless I give it a very fast flip).
Click to visit:
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Daren,

My Triple Threat is the dollar size as well. What Dan says makes sense; there is probably a larger magnet as well.

Regards, Steve
Sleightly_Done
View Profile
New user
Danville, KY
77 Posts

Profile of Sleightly_Done
Just as another point of reference, mine is a half dollar set as well, and they are a little weak too. You even have to be careful with a coin roll. They will stay together, but you just have to be careful..... certainly not near as strong as Dan explains the dollar size to be.

Mike
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Thanks for all the helpful comments guys
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
If the coin ends with an expanded shell on the top then does the shell cover all of edge of the coin and does the coin look bigger than other coins when nested? I read that one person ask for tod to make his with a unexpanded shell so then It looks exactly like a regular coin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Another triple threat question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL