The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tricks to accompany "Degrees of freedom" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kevsimo
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of kevsimo
I am trying to develop a short card routine to climax with John Bannon's " Degrees of freedom" from DMF (which I acknowledge is a self working effect). I was wondering if anyone could suggest one or two tricks (not nec self working) to build up to this effect that just utilize 20 cards. In other words working with the same 20 card packet ( aces to 10s of each suit)from the outset. Hope that makes sense, all thoughts and ideas appreciated. Regards K S
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
I believe Mike Powers has an effect in his POWER PLAYS Book. I am currently at work and not near my copy of this Fantastic Book.

Maybe someone can direct you better with the book at hand to see if it is an effect you are looking for.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
It doesn't quite answer your question KS but I segue into Brother John Hamman's "Twins" following Degrees of Freedom, noting the required cards and getting them into place on the deck in readiness for that "Show me another" moment.

I'm watching this thread wiht interest now though for the same reason as you. Nice post!

RK
kevsimo
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of kevsimo
Thanks you two, I have started to play around with a few simple ideas,for instance "settling the score" a fun spelling effect from Peter Duffie in Effortless card magic, also "up and down" by Vernon, from Scarne on card tricks, discard the two predictors, retain the joker then a 21 card style effect eg How to Cheat at 21 by Andrew Wimhirst (yes easy and self working again) discard the joker and then "degrees of freedom". But surely there are more ambitious and imaginative routines out there !
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
Kevsimo,
You'll find Steve Beam's treatise, "Goosed", involving 20 cards well worth the read in "Semi Automatic Card Tricks", vol 2.
Ted L
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tricks to accompany "Degrees of freedom" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL