The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Mesmerization Eclipse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I will honestly attempt to Mesmerize some listeners over the radio. I will NOT hypnotise them, but I will be seeking those in the listening audience who HAVE been hypnotised before, feeling that they will be more susceptible to my suggestion. There will be no SLEEPING or anything of the sort....Just one COMMAND (Request or Suggestion if you will).......Is this a logical and legit way to approach this?
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Dave your confusing terms really.

That being said, simply have one heck of an "out" ready! Your laying it out there and recovery is tough.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Mesmerism deals with a theory of animal magnetism, long since discredited. It has become a synonym of hypnotism, but they really are at best only distantly related, if related at all. You might have some effect on some very suggestive individuals, who are just very naturally highly prone to suggestion. I doubt you will have much effect on anyone else, whether hypnotized or not. As Danny has suggested have an "out" ready. Now if ur doing a call in talk show, and I'm sure just for the purpose of getting the excitement of being on the air as a caller you will get quite a few individuals who will call in swearing your suggestion worked, whether it did or not. But the result will be from their deluded desire to be the center of attention, not from hypnosis.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I am giving the term Mesmerization my own flexible meaning. I just don't want to use hypnotism. The suggestion is beyond basic.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I believe the word mezmerize is used to refer to a person who is in a trance state. This can be a trance state from watching tv, driving a car or simply internal dialogue...
To do it over the radio I would think great skill in subtle suggestion and voice tonality will help you achieve it, And whatever your doing has to be interesting enough to hold their attention...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Perfect...I will try to use MY silvertongue to do just that Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Mesmerization Eclipse (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL