The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » An Innovation in Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Levitations have all been the same lately with no MAJOR innovation added to them. Magicians have always thought that the levitation has to be HIGHER, but with the height comes further restrictions.

An idea for a levitation later came to my mind, imagine being able to levitate a few inches off the ground, and then hover a few meters away. Yes, this levitation will allow movement while levitation. No angle restrictions, almost flawless.

What I need is someone to assist in the building of a prototype as I am only 16 and do not have the means to the available accessories needed.

If someone with a decent amount of experience in building and magic would be interested in aiding with this project, I would be ever greatful.

Thank you.

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I may be interested in your project... contact me by PM and see what we can see.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Mitch has a unique idea for his personal levitation. We at Precision Magic felt it was a good idea but it's not marketable. I hope that he will continue working on this as he is a really sharp guy.
ditjen
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of ditjen
I'm not so sure that it's not marketable as Dmann said above. That would depend on how clumsy the gimmick is. Criss Angel has a good one, but the gimmick seems to be too clumsy for many magicians. On the other hand, Elevator 2 is the size of a pack of smokes and can be used for Street Magic without being clumsy.

So Mitch, the real question is, how clumsy will the gimmick be? That's the REAL question that will determine if it can be sold.

I've been doing a lot of research on Levitation recently for creating my own "walk on Water" effect, so I happen to know about most of these techniques and how to build them. The main thing is usability.

If you have any question, please feel fee to PM me.

Good Luck,
Don Itjen
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
Keep trying Mitch. You've got an innovative idea, so someone out there will want to take this on.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I too have a vast amount of knowledge on levitation. When the elevator came out I immediately made one based on the description. I also bought theirs, which confirmed my method. The newer version has some unique additions.

I am moving this topic to the Secret Session under Looking for levitation expert to PM/IM with Since I will be mention methods it belongs in that area. Also there are levitations to review and methods to each can be explained if necessary.
(Note: One must have at least 50 posts to get into the Secret Sessions or for the link to work)

See you there...
Dennis
Dennis Michael
calen.morelli.
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of calen.morelli.
I would love to see a video of it.

calen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » An Innovation in Levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL