The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bill Malone's Scarne Aces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Does it get any better than this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC8vDC7DWrc
j0ndrums
View Profile
New user
SF bay area
22 Posts

Profile of j0ndrums
!!!
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Well said!!!
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
That's pretty sweet.. But I don't think that's the way Scarne did it.. in fact I know that. I think its just Bill's interpretation of it. Although Scarne had many versions of cutting to the ace
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
LCBellah
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of LCBellah
Thanks for the video. Bill Malone is a great entertainer.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
I don't know how he did that, I loved it! Smile
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Where can I find an explanation for this effect?
Bizarrist
View Profile
Loyal user
The Man of Mystery
236 Posts

Profile of Bizarrist
Karl Fulves - Riffle Shuffle Methods 1987 49 pages & seriously OOP and hard to find. I'm lusting for one of these to study aswell. Perhaps a kind soul will surprise us all.

SW
The Most Beautiful Experience We Can Have is the Mysterious.
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi SW,

Are you sure Malone's routine is explained in this maunuscript? My understanding is that the method used is disappointingly easy and does not use the kind of advanced riffle culling and crimping etc that were probably prerequisites for the original Scarne gangster cutting to the aces. Assuming of course that this ever happened!!!

Regards,

Paul H
Bizarrist
View Profile
Loyal user
The Man of Mystery
236 Posts

Profile of Bizarrist
While I don't have the above mentioned manuscript, I have recieved information from someone who does that tells me he reveals all about Scarnes method for doing Scarne Aces in this manuscript. I hope one day to find out for myself.

As far as Malone's version of this classic effect, I've not heard or seen where this has been written up or produced. Do you perhaps know of a resource?

A few of you may be interested to know that Scarne's Riffle shuffle system is revealed in a monograph called Blocking Off, it can still be purchased directly from Karl Fulves for $28 plus 25% for US postage, 35% for nonUS.

Just send him snail mail and a money order to the address below:

Karl Fulves
Box 433
Teaneck, NJ 07666 USA

He has several other riffle shuffle manuscripts still available. Good luck and Good Hunting!

SW
The Most Beautiful Experience We Can Have is the Mysterious.
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
The Blocking Off manuscript is the second part of a two part series Fulves produced in the mid 1990's. The first is called Riffle Shuffle Work Setting Up Exercises Part 1. The second is 'Riffle Shuffle Work, Blocking Off Part 2'. Blocking Off does have a section on Scarne and his handling of the riffle cull which is basically the Stevens Riffle Cull. However, I still find Andrew Wimhursts description in 'Down Under Deals' the most enlightened and modern handling of the cull. However, none of this has any bearing on how Bill Malone performed his excellent routine based very loosely on the Scarne Ace Cutting.

Regards,

Paul H
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bill Malone's Scarne Aces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL