The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » America's got talent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
You don't actually believe that any of these "contests" are FAIR by any chance do you?
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Depends what "these" and "fair" mean.
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Is there any video of Kevin doing this routine (severed hand) in its entirety anyplace else? That would answer the editing question.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
throwdini
View Profile
New user
New York
19 Posts

Profile of throwdini
In defense of Kevin, I was there and met him and can say he's just a wonderful, happy person. It was not in AGTs best interest to make Kevin look good when somewhere in the background, someone decided they didn't want him to move on despite the belief that audience voting is the determining factor. Thus, in the usual manner of steering the audience opinion through creative editing they took Kevin's act and made it look horrible by focusing on and demeaning the hand issue. He didn't deserve it and like all others that are removed from moving on they are removed with a kick in the ass as they depart the stage.

As the knifethrower fortunate to have moved through Hollywood and Vegas rounds I can only say, "What you saw was not what WE did. You saw what THEY did to us." The vast majority of professional acts that "participated" vs. "competed" were whacked out after Vegas. Many performed their 3 minute piece in Vegas to a standing ovation to their peers. Creative editing, however, showed as much as 1 or 2 seconds and in some cases a professional's performance was totally eliminated from air time. It was a crap shoot from day one with the hope of grabbing some seriously high viewer publicity. Despite being on just two shows, with multiple airings my act was seen by over 60 million viewers. So what's that worth? Even the kick in the ass to myself and Kevin and The Three Tenors and Liang The Chinese Acrobat and on and on has it's value. How many other performers got kicked in the ass in front of millions of viewers and still had the opportunity to walk off with their dignity? Kevin is a pro and I'm proud to have been on AGT with him.

Throwdini
http://www.knifethrower.com
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2007-07-22 11:50, throwdini wrote:
"What you saw was not what WE did. You saw what THEY did to us."

That is becoming more and more obvious to the viewers as this show continues ... it's just downright wrong and is sure to stir up some sort of protest somewhere sometime. It is something that will kill the show.

Kevin James is a guy that designs illusions for Copperfield, and they want me to believe I can do a better living hand than he can? Be serious! Hopefully, Kevin has enough support he can keep moving through despite the producers.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Timm
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
56 Posts

Profile of Timm
Thanks Throwdini for the REAL insight. It's very unfortunate for someone like Kevin James, yourself or any of the acts for that matter, to be put through that on national television
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Just watched AGT and Kevin didn't make it through to the top 10.
Alas, but he is still one of the worlds most creative magicains.
Keep cheering him on!

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Well, look at the bright side ... one less show to watch. : )

-JoeJoe
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Speak the truth JoeJoe!
Hallielu...

I can't spell.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Glad to see that 4 out of my 5 picks (see last weeks post, above.) make it through!

Now about last night. A little week but some good acts.

My top favs:

2nd story guys
Cas Haley (I think that's his name. You know, the guitar player)
(My Home Boys!) The Clypso Tumblers!
The Ventriliquist
Papov animal act ( A looong shot but I like animals and creative artists. I juwst hope America does too?)

Now for my top five picks:

I'll tell you next Wednesday...
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Ok, so this was posted in 2004 by Daffydoug:

Quote:
Years ago, I saw Kevin James perform the severed hand illusion, and it blew me away!

Peter Loughran had this to say about his severed hand:

Quote:
I loved Kevin's performance of this on the magic Castle TV show.

I just can't believe that what we saw on TV is the same thing that Kevin actually performed. I haven't watch the show since, just no need now. It's not about finding talent, it's about stealing rating at the expense of professional performers. Someone should be ashamed of themselves.

Kevin James' Severed Hand Illusion

-JoeJoe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » America's got talent (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL