The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Sankey Unleashed by Jon Racherbaumer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Name: Sankey Unleashed

Author: Jon Racherbaumer

Price: $64.00 Cdn

Publisher: Squash Publishing

Date: 2004

Pages/Length: 178 pages

Difficulty: Between 2-4

Out of 10: 8/10

Comments This is a huge collection of the magic of Jay Sankey. Over 80 fantastic Sankey effects packed into one very nicely made book. Jon Racherbaumer along with Sankey have selected some of Sankey's best forgotten effects. The highlights include:

Bon Bon: Two coins impossibly change into two wrapped piece of candy. This fooled me badly when I first saw the demo

Holistic Medicine: A great routine using th coins from Sankey's popular Holy Moly effect.

Healed: two holes punched through a borrowed business card resotre in an insanely visual fashion!

Sleeves Up Bluff Pass: The simplest Pass technique you will ever learn.

A Strange Journey: A coin is pulled through a tiny straw in a very visual fashion.

Fire Down Below: A matchbook changes into a folded selected card, the card actually BECOMING a fully functional matchbook, complete with a striking strip, matches, and a staple!

Lightning Bolt: At the end of an Ambitious Card routine, a bolt appears threaded through the deck, locking the cards together!

Prime Time Bend: A coin visually bends at the performers fingertips!

Drew As I Drew: Both the magician and spectator draw a random scribble on each's business card. Neither person has even seen their scribbles yet, as they were drawn with the cards face down. When they are turned over, both scribbles PERFECTLY match! Genius!

Secret Passage: A fantastic adaptation of the old Saltshaker Through Table effect.

20th Century Fox: The old 20th Century Silks effect performed with connected movie tickets and a signed ticket. Great!

Nightcap: When the spectator signs a card with a Sharpie, they are asked to afterwards recaop the marker. However, this feat is impossible since the cap has changed into a solid black tube!

Leaving Home: Jay's marketed Key and Cord Effect

Blackstack: Sankey's classic 8 coin production.

Bouncing Baby: A bouncing white ball is instantly cracked over a glass, having impossibly become an egg!

House Bound: A card duct-taped to the top of a card case long before the routine is revealed to be the SIGNED selection.

Paper Cloud: When the cards are sprung into the air, the magician stabs the selection in midair with a knife!

Back In Time: Jay's classic Triumph effect with a kicker ending.

Yo-Yo Mon: A Great cut and restored Yo-Yo effect.

A Delicate Balance: After four knuts are balanced on tops of eachother, they are revealed to be SUPERGLUED together! Based on a Paul Harris effect.

A fabulous effect with TONS of fabulous Sankey effects, not one a dud. There are also many different applications for one of Jay's favourite moves, th Bill Switch. There are effects with Markers, business cards, cards, coins, card boxes, yo-yos, pool chalk, laminated cards, bills, TTs, bottles, knuts, IT, and more! Highly recommended.

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
Michael,

Thanks for your review of the book. Just a quick note to let you know that Sankey Unleashed is nearly out of print. While various retailers may have copies in stock, the publisher (that's me!) is virtually sold out.

Best Regards,

Gabe Fajuri
Squash Publishing
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Wow! Really? That's good to know. Everyone get a copy ASAP! I am glad I picked one up when I did.. these might be very valuable in a few years.

Pick One Up NOW!!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Sankey Unleashed by Jon Racherbaumer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL