The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism... with sponge balls? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tanselkaya
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of tanselkaya
Can you squeeze and release a sponge without touching it? If you could visibly deform the sponge balls/bunnies in a spectators hand using your mind, that would be great mentalism.

Maybe we could insert something into a sponge ball and manipulate it with IT. Or maybe something that would shrink as it quickly evaporates? Switching this special sponge ball would be easy if the squeeze is the final act of a routine.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
I think if the props that we use has been seen around the hand of a Magicians, then Im not going to do it...specially the comercial little Red Ball that we call Sponge.....I rather had Sponge Bob Square Pants as my partner then we do two person MindReading Act.....its just not my style
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Just make them float with the power of your mind.
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Quote:
On 2007-07-11 10:53, salsa_dancer wrote:

Miiiiiiiiiiiike.................where ARE youuuuuuuuuuuuu?
Cardinal Bunal
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Cardinal Bunal
Mental sponge balls
mental cups and balls
mental ambitious card

and if anyone is familiar or remember The Boss in here with his Mental Torn and Restored...

Well, you name it. It's a matter of incorporating bullcrap with your patter and delivering it with panache.
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
Psychological force + sphere to cube in spec's hand?

-Travis
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
I do a sponge ball roulette, I have a spectator hide a sponge ball under one of five styrofoam cups whilst I lok away. Then when I turn around I have to avoid smashing my hand down on the dangerous sponge ball..

I know it sounds risky but I've only ever hurt myself twice and it is such a strong effect as the audience get very tense and worried due to the danger element.

Another is Psychokentic Bunnies, I put one bunny into a spectators hand and then pretend to put the other bunny into another spectators hand, when the first person opens their hand they have two. This uses suggestion and persuasion.

Spelmann
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
whyjay
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of whyjay
Seriously, they scream props - not good
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
There it is screaming sponge balls.

I say that is good.

People would be shocked at that whether they scream props or something else.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
RichieB
View Profile
New user
Southport, UK
32 Posts

Profile of RichieB
I know of 1 routine I hav used 'mental-wise' for a sponge ball effect . it's the goshman dong. Now...u have to pick ur audience as it's a bit offensive to some and that but it's effective on hecklers and the like because it shows them up in a light-hearted way . any way wat I do with males is put the four'sponge balls' in to their hand and take anotha to use as the 'mind reading' ball. From here I patter about if they could change anythin on this planet what would it be?...whatever they say I carry on ...u cannot possibly do this on your own ...however wat about changing yourself? is there anything at all you wld like to change about yourself?...maybe longer hair or bigger muscles etc.. this mindreading ball gives and accurate portail of what your thinking...etcetc the 1 thing you wld like to change about yourself is...out pops the ***.

for a female...you cld tlk about there patner and wat they wld like to change about them or wateva...ust a few ideas...it's not strictly mentalism but it's a mentalist presentation non the less and I thought I wld share it as it seems an interesting idea taking a prop that is seen as a lively and energetic type or magic prop and making it more serious for the mentalism idea...good topic

thanks

Richard
Magic is a Tricky Business

Richard Baxter
Xtreme @ 16
tanselkaya
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of tanselkaya
Lol, RichieB Smile

Could you describe the reactions? Are there people that find this offensive or does it get a good laughter?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-07-11 11:00, write2david wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-11 10:53, salsa_dancer wrote:

Miiiiiiiiiiiike.................where ARE youuuuuuuuuuuuu?

This is my busiest time of the year.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I've also done "Professor's Nightmare" as a mentalism effect...
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
RichieB
View Profile
New user
Southport, UK
32 Posts

Profile of RichieB
Quote:
On 2007-07-29 06:50, tanselkaya wrote:
Lol, RichieB Smile

Could you describe the reactions? Are there people that find this offensive or does it get a good laughter?

haha it's very important to judge an audience before even attempting to bring this one out. I have always had laughs... but that's just me... I play a cheeky character so I usually get away with most things teehee Smile

Richard Baxter
Xtreme @ 16
RichieB
View Profile
New user
Southport, UK
32 Posts

Profile of RichieB
Quote:
On 2007-08-18 12:34, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
I've also done "Professor's Nightmare" as a mentalism effect...

yer sounds good . is it like 'you think your seeing something that your not' type of thing as it seems the ropes stretch however they don't?

Richard Baxter
Xtreme @ 16
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Tone
Was it Kenton who described opening a mentalism set with a clever silk vanish?
human
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of human
He who has the Ding Dong gets the job.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2007-06-29 19:19, MoritaNaoki wrote:
Perhaps he's (Derren Brown)missed out on the strongest form of mentalism ever?!?
Or am I being completely silly?

Morita, you're being completely silly. This probably isn't the strongest form of mentalism ever. It's not very big and it's not very clever.
Put the balls down and go to your room... NOW.
Bobser
ps: and the rest of you? Hang your heads in shame and get upstairs with Morita, whom I shall now name: Morry, and will only talk with him on Tuesdays but will NOT take his advice.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2007-06-29 21:47, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Morita,

Sponge balls won't work for my brand of mystery entertainment, brass is in order.

Tony

That's the ticket...

I must confess that Hippy Hop rabbits with a psychic teleport suit me just fine....
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism... with sponge balls? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL