The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Jack Parker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
I regret to say that Jack parker has passed. He will be missed and magic has definitely lost one of finest sons. My heart goes out his family.

Clark
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
The saddest day in the Magic community since...well...i can't remember!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
523 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Too many great magicians have left the world this past year.
Having known and respected Jack's work for several years, it saddens me greatly that he is no longer with us.

rest in peace Jack.
jalal12321
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of jalal12321
As I have mentioned in the other thread regarding this, he will be greatly missed by all.
tubeway
View Profile
New user
Harlow UK
21 Posts

Profile of tubeway
So sad - especially after he had done so much for charity (the proceeds for Magicians Cookbook went to the Anthony Nolan bone marrow trust). A wonderful magician with so many good ideas - RIP

I just picked up one of his booklets - it was ashes to ashes - creepy
Come on you Gills
karbonkid
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of karbonkid
Jack Parker was a great inspiration to me and he will be missed.
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
How old was mr.parker, What happened.

R.I.P

Ryan
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
themagicofdrew
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of themagicofdrew
It is my understanding that Jack had Leukemia. Last year he was told he had under 12 months left. Although we knew it was coming soon, it does not lessen the greif we feel. God Bless you Jack, and Thank you to Andi Gladwin for Putting Jack materials together in a forthcoming book...

Jack was special...he will be missed.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
You owe it to yourself to get the June 2007 issue of Genii to see for yourself the kind of thinking Jack was capable of. Very good guy...very funny man...intensely talented magician.

As Drew has referenced, Jack's material will soon be published by Andi Gladwin. I may be wrong, but I think when people realize the depth of his work, Jack may be regarded over the years as one of the best talents who left us far too soon.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
Jack was truly a great talent and a genius with a deck of cards. I think when someone dies, it seems so surreal to find out and the reality of it really hits you hard, That one day we too will pass on, It is a very scary thought but we just don't see it happening to us and don't put much thought to it. Learning of Bruce Cervon's death really hit me hard and made me look at my life in a new way, You only live once and what we do now will effect our children and in jacks case thousands of friends and magicians around the world, We need to appreciate life and realize it is a beautiful thing that we should embrace and take in as much as possible, as scary as it is.

We love you jack

May you rest in peace wherever you are buddy.

My thoughts go out to jacks family, friends and his brothers here at the Café and around the world.

R y a n
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Devastating news. Jack was such an incredibly innovative creator/magician. He will be sorely missed. Such a shame to see him pass prior to the publication of the book that he and Andi Gladwin have been working on.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Sad Day for Cardmen everywhere. R.I.P. my friend.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Truly a sad news to most of the magicians community. Smile - A great loss someone who is very special and great creator of excellent card magic.

He will be missed and R.I.P my friend.

Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Same here... even though I never met him nor write to him, a great cardman should be missed by community of pasteboard.

May he can rest in peace.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
I'm going to Jack's funeral tomorrow; Tuesday 10th July. It'll be a very sad day. Jack was a lovely man...

I attended his 'last' invite-only lecture only a few weeks ago. It, too, was a very sad gathering...but full of love and admiration.

Paul Gordon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Jack Parker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL