The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Floating Table at a Birthday Party? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-07-09 14:23, Neznarf wrote:

I would ad some weight to the box so if someone picked it up it would feel like the weight of a regular table.

I don't allow anyone to handle my props or equipment so the added weight would be unnecessary and just extra weight for me to haul around.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Smartini, I have spoken to a couple people who have both, and they prefer Thomas' table.

I did follow your advice and floated the table out the door. It was like I was the Pied Piper. 30 kids following me. . .
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I may have to reconsider doing the 30 second spot with the table...thanks for the input.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I would Tim.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Quote:
On 2007-07-12 08:28, CaptainKid wrote:
Smartini, I have spoken to a couple people who have both, and they prefer Thomas' table.

I did follow your advice and floated the table out the door. It was like I was the Pied Piper. 30 kids following me. . .

That is just too hilarious...way to go!
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
I've been working on "The Thing" as a closer for my birthday parties. Maybe I could exit with it like the floating table idea. Hmmm...but I'm hijacking the topic. Sorry!

I love the idea of floating the table out the door. What a way to go...literally!

Andy
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I would encourage you to make sure that the door is open! LOL This would also be a nice exit for a stage show and a great way to get rid of the prop. The Thing is an effect that I know that Jim Kleefeld has combined with a floating table routine.
Tom Riddle
View Profile
Special user
Chelsea, UK
507 Posts

Profile of Tom Riddle
Does the client really deserve a "floating table" for a birthday rate? This seems to be placing a great illusion in peril of becoming "every day"....
"Yes, Virginia, there really are people named Riddle...isn't that AMAZING! And to think of all the royalties I'm missing out on! SCANDALOUS!"

Thomas Williamson Riddle III
Chelsea, UK
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Andre,

Feel free to take things in a new direction! I am not familiar with "The Thing". Can someone explain it or post a link?

As for the table, in the last couple of weeks I have determined that it works best with the 6 and up crowd - at least with my presentation. I had a 3-5 y/o Princess & Pirate party today, set it up, and decided not to use it.

How do you folks present it?

Posted: Jul 15, 2007 10:55pm
Never mind the question about "the Thing" I spotted the thread. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Floating Table at a Birthday Party? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL