The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Book Test? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

human
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of human
I was playing with ideas for an ungimmicked book test. There are couple of methods that popped up in my head but I don't know are they original or not. So, anybody who have some knowledge about this kind of thing please help. I will send you a PM, show the method and maybe you could tell that if it is original or not.

Thanks.

David.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Pm'ed you
One day I will write a book
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Been playing with some bold, ungaffed methods as well. Sometimes its just a matter of having the guts to do it.

- GregB
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
KISS. Use the IBT and there is no need to go further.
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
The best ungaffed book test I know is Bob Cassidy's Monserrat/Cassidy Book Test, which can be found in his book "The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy".
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
human
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of human
I have received a couple of PMs and I must say I very much appreciate your help.

Back to the book test, it seems that my version is pretty original. I'm now trying to get close to the perfection where spectator can freely choose any page, select any word they like. All the tests sound so promising to me so far but I have do some more experiments with the idea before I can announce anything.

Thanks,

David.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
I really like chan canasta's... it's up on youtube I think ( an old clip of him doing it on parkinson that is, not a 15 year old doing it in his bedroom) Smile
It can be found in chan canasta - A remarkable man. Don't get much bolder than that.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
I have a marketed ungimmicked, any page, any word book test.

If you PM me I can let you know if there is any similarity at all.

Kindest,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
human
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of human
Here is a demo video for my take on the "Book test" issue. Yes, the spectator can open to any page herself and make absolutely free choice of the word.

Don't know if this one has anything similar to any of the book test version out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-EdeG7v2e0
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I second the monserrat/cassidy book test. Most excellent.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Book Test? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL