The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Thought and Gone - who invented it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Ok, so summer is here, and you know what that means! That’s right, spring cleaning. Yea, I know that does not make sense, but hey. Well, long story short and I am cleaning and organizing my magic kit. (it’s more of a HUGE tool box I got from Wal-Mart) But regardless….

So, I am going to have some random questions from time to time – because I am coming across some stuff and effects…that I don’t remember….

So – that aside – random question – who made this effect? I have the effect and I can do it….but I don’t know who to give credit to.

Thought and Gone

Effect: With a boxed deck on the table, the magician asks the spectator to merely think of any card in the deck, the spectator never names the card. The magician pulls the deck out and says, I want you to examine each of these cards as it goes by. “If you see your card, let me know. But, I know you won’t cause your card is now magically GONE.” The magician goes by each and every card and the spectator never sees their card in all 52 cards.

Ok, so if you have a deck of 52 cards – chances are the spectator may see their card – but here is the clincher. When the spectator says, “Hey, that’s my card.” The magician pulls the card from the deck and turns it over and written on the back are the BIG BLACK WORDS “GONE.”

“I told you it was gone.” Says the magi. The cards are fanned and all of the rest of the deck are normal.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Ah, it was Peter Duffie. You can delete this....
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
This is a killer from "Effortless Card Magic". The actual title is "Vanished or Gone", based on an effect by Dave Robertson from Kaufman's Scottish "Five Times Five". I just discovered it today (just bought the book and received it yesterday). This one item was worth well more than the cost of the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Thought and Gone - who invented it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL