The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Shadow Coins reactions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Hey Vinny,

there coming up soon and I'm gonna start with a bare_ handed assemblies never seen before.

stay tuned my friend.

WU
The Man.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
My question to those who use only 4 coins is..."Why?"

I agree with Dan and Simon that from a methodological standpoint it IS interesting and affords a much cleaner opening BUT it simply cannot match the directness of effect, after the opening display, that using extra's can. With proper construction a completely sleight of hand method could be very good but the first coin seems the most problematic and then the matter of staying convincingly one ahead.

Wu- You can see an OLD (and lo rez) clip of me doing a version of the thing on youtube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jABvtQCLSSw

The version I do now is slightly different (this was for a group of magicians hence lack of preliminary staging for the effect)

Jon- concerning baring ones teeth, I've always found it interesting that humans show their teeth when smiling (I vividly remember as a child being told when getting my picture to "smile big so we can see your teeth!"). Have you come across any research to explain why?
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Very nice Jason. But without a doubt "The Man" can do it faster. For as far as I've witnessed "no extras" means faster, more obscured views and putting the emphasis on "here, you can pick up the coins, nothing in my hands" instead of effect.

Ah what the heck, it's a matter of taste. And I should shut up since I've never put time in uploading clips on the internet.

No hot air whatsoever...
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
JTW,

I saw your routine it is very nice,and Dan I saw yours as well and even comment on it a few years ago also nice.

I am very aware of what can be done with an extra, but a bunch of good routines like Al S' matrix it is not but with just 4.

"The Man" can do it faster

I am not here to argue,i am here to help others magicians etc, I always think that talk is cheap,and all I have said and the suggestions I have given; I put them in practice, which others magicians here has seen in my coin work.

As you mention, it is a matter of taste.

When I post the routine on youtube I'll let you guys know,i love magic especially well performed that is all.

but I do work very slow,not fast at all you will see soon.

Hey Dan,
No hot air.

I always like that phrase LOL, it wil be at the end of my upcoming video clip.

WU
The Man.

P.S Hey JTW and Dan, would you mind if I mail to you guys the routine I mentioned above from Dean dill my handlig? that way you can see it and if you like what you see I'll send you the handling as well.
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
Since when is the discussion about Matrix?

-Travis
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
JTW about the smile: Look into the eyes and also look at how folks are trained to smile. Then look into the eyes again. Telling, no?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Hey JTW and Dan,

Never mind, I will post it at youtube,that way everybody can see it.

I will post the link in this thread.

WU
The Man.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ata boy Wu you the man
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Very telling Smile
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
@ WU:

I was discussing shadow coins and barehanded assemblies when I meant the no extra's version are not as clean and magical as the extra's versions.

I agree with you on matrix. Miracles can be accomplished with no extras.
But then again, take a look at Armando's matrix....

Simon
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Hi Simon,

I would love to take a look at Armamndo's routine, but I do not have the amount of money he is asking for to watch.

I totally agree with you as well,the extra makes life easier and stronger reaction.

E.G. Jonathan Townsend 3 Fly.

WU
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Ask nicely and maybe the 13.5meg file may appear somewhere.
I don't recall publishing my coins across under the title "3 Fly", but glad you like it's use of an extra coin in context.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Shadow Coins reactions? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL