The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Juliana Chen Manipulation Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fallout
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of fallout
I just started learning card manipulation. My Jeff Sheridan DVD (Genius at Work #2 - Card Manipulations) will be here pretty soon where I will start my journey towards card manipulation. I learned backpalming from the Jeff McBride DVD (Art of Card Manipulation) and learned how to do backpalm productions on my own.

However, this thread is a review on the Juliana Chen Manipulation Cards I picked up. First off, I really didn't know what to expect since this was my first deck of manipulation cards. I was surprised to find that the cards are much smaller than I expected. I thought they would be slightly less smaller than poker size cards but the dimensions are 2 1/6" x 3 3/8". This is not a problem though as they make productions much easier. They shouldn't be used in close-up situations because of their size.

The box that the cards come in really cheap...but don't let that fool you. The cards themselves are very thin (I believe 3/8"), flexible, and durable. However, they do not fan well out of the box, so fanning powder or wax would probably be useful. The back of the card is very pretty. It is a cream color with a cartoon image of Chen and her name.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the product I received. It has made card manipulation less frustrating, since I was using regular blue back bikes before I got these. I'm curious as to whether the other manipulation cards are the same (ex. Murphy's, Lee Eun Gyeol's, etc.)

Here is a youtube video I made that shows the card and a 5 card production:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Emmliqlik

Purchased from:
http://www.vikingmagic.com/?html=full&key=983
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Watch her in action!

http://www.julianachen.com/videos/
OrRePu
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of OrRePu
Desin very good but I think this style card is women prefer^^

PS: in my opinion the white/black design is much more classice and worth get
absoulute
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, AL
66 Posts

Profile of absoulute
How 'sturdy' are the cards? Usually after I break in a deck they will last a few months of heavy use, but then I have to move on to a fresh deck.
Since we can never hope to understand why we are here, if there's anything to understand, the individual should choose a goal and pursue it wholeheartedly, despite the certainty of death and the meaninglessness of action. - Martin Heidegger
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Juliana Chen says she uses her decks for a year of regular use. She now is selling completely 100% plastic cards. She said at her lecture she still uses the her regular cards.
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2947 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
She is faster than a speeding bullet.
Northern California
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Juliana Chen Manipulation Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL