The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » New Millenium Brainwave (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
Has anyone ever tried just using the magician's deck to perform this trick. I do think it is more powerful for the spectator to count through their deck, but I was jus twondering if anyone had tried it with just the one deck and what were the reactions comparitively?
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
For starters : what is the New Millenium Brainwave ?

Frans
prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
I guess I assumed people were more familiar with this effect. I tcame out in 2005 I think from a local magician here in Raleigh NC where I live. Basically, a spectator is given one deck of cards to hold. The magician takes out a second deck. The spectator is asked to merely look at a card from the magicians deck as it is spread face up and face down to show the backs. Spectator thinks of a card and the deck is cut several times. The selection is verbalized and removed from the magicians deck. Then the spectator is instructed to take his own deck and count the number at which his same card is dealt. The spectator counts all the way through not finding his card, the magician turns over the card that was pulled from his blue deck to show a red back. No gimmicked cards, no forces, repeatable, but not necessarily examinable.

So my questoin was if anyone has ever tried just using the magician's deck. You could have the spectator pick a card and then just reveal the different color back after some meaningful presentation. Just wondering if this would be as powerful.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
You can perform this effect with Red/Blue Menetekel Deck more effectively.

Hideo Kato
prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you'd be able to show the backs and faces of a Mene Tekel if the dupes were alternating in color. and when you show the faces the dupes would be right next to each other. Not to mention the spectators deck wouldn't be "missing" the card they chose from your deck.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
You can make a kind of Red/Blue Menetekel Deck which you can show only one back color. I thought you would notice it.

If you like to spread cards face up to find the selection, you can make the deck accordingly. That exact deck was once manufactured by Haines House of Cards by my order.

Sorry I usually don't write exact method for your joy of guessing.

Hideo Kato

P.S.
I prefer to spread the cards with backs towards audience becasuse finding the selction (only odd backed card) and turning its face to audience would be more dramatic than opposite way.
prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
Much respect for your PM Mr. Kato. I am on the journey..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » New Millenium Brainwave (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL