The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question about gaffs and routine. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Dose anyone know of a routine or what the name of the commercially market coin effect that uses an Ike Silver Dollar coin and a Penny??? A few months back I acquired a collection of magic from an estate sale. One of the items or set of items packaged together contained a Silver Dollar sized penny and a Copper/Silver Coin that shows an Ike silver dollar and a silver dollar sized Penney. Also included was a jumbo 3" Penney. There were NO printed instructions or any routine, just the coins. I was hoping someone might know of an item that was marketed that used these coins...I have plenty of ideas and ways to use the coins, I would just like to know the history if there is a routine proper either as a marketed item or in print...

Thanks for any help and good look-in out,

Later,
RJ
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
It just sounds like a copper/silver set of dollar sized coins... Curtis kam does a lot with them. I prefer halves myself. I don't know that it's a specifically marketed trick, although I could be wrong.

Pete
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Quote:
On 2007-07-16 10:14, SPEEDcuber wrote:
It just sounds like a copper/silver set of dollar sized coins... Curtis kam does a lot with them. I prefer halves myself. I don't know that it's a specifically marketed trick, although I could be wrong.

Pete

Do you know of anythng in print. And when you say CK dose a lot with "Them", Do you mean Silver Dollars of Silver Dollar sized Penney's???
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
Silver dollar sized penny is just his copper coin. so since his hands are huge he does a whole lot of his copper silver routines with the penny and the silver dollar. he has a couple in print in his own lecture notes and in Kainoa Harbottles... as well as the palms of steel series... http://www.ckhmagic.com

Pete
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Pete...Thanks for the leed...good look'in out...

Later
RJ
Rob Mencarini
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Rob Mencarini
Off topic...Sleightly Dangerous, do you know of the Huntington Beach Bad Boy? Darwin's half cousin Tito.

Sorry, that's an attempt at a joke.

I am thinking of an old routine and can't recall the origin, possibly Bobo. A half dollar and penny are removed from a purse. The half dollar is held by the spec. You place the penny in your hand. When you open your hand, you have the half dollar. Spec opens his hand to find a half dollar size penny. You state something about relative size and suddenly the half dollar transforms into a jumbo half. It's a great quickie that makes sense and could employ a silver dollar. You would need a dollar size penny and a jumbo dollar then.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question about gaffs and routine. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL