The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Burned skin, Burned skin!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Ok, Here is the deal. I give a lot of weak advice at times, and sometimes it needs to be corrected for not reading close enough before answering. But not on this subject. This is my single greatest offering.

This is Real Magic, so pay attention. Some of you will laugh, and lose out and some of you will pay attention and win. So be it.

If you are burned, and this is not for severe third degree burns so don't try it for third degree.

On a second or first degree burn (where the skin is not sliding off), do this:

1. Plunge it under cold water or ice water.
This stops the cooking process. Your skin will continue to cook, until you drastically lower the temperature. Usually the first 2-4 minutes will stop the cooking.

2. Blot all the way dry, with a clean cloth and apply "French's Yellow Mustard". No other mustard will work (and I don't know why the others don't but they don't, so don't bother trying them.)

3. Leave it on for at least a half hour. An hour is better. You can cover with a bandage so it doesn't get all over.

It Will do the following:

1. It can downgrade a second degree burn to a first degree burn. First to nothing.
2. Some how it stops the skin from forming a scar and replaces the skin that was there (a chemical process, but still needs healing time to complete).
3. Is extremely effective on thin skin and very painful burns (can take the pain away in about 5-7 minutes).

It WILL NOT be very effective on:
(but still might help)

1. Thick calluses on the palms of your hands (the kind of burns where a white spot shows up deep under several layers of skin on your palms, or fingers).

Get the packets at fast food places and carry a couple in a film can with your fire gear. (I have fire eating torches and it works in your mouth, and on your lips/face just as good but it has to stay there the whole time.)

I know it works, I do it for everyone I see that gets burned. I have free meals for life at a local caféteria from this. It's that good.

I often wonder why they don't use it in burn units. Maybe no one ever told them I guess. It's one magic secret that I would like to give away to everyone that will listen.

Once you try this on yourself, please, tell everyone you know.

Mike
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Mike
Smile That's great, anyone who doesn't take this one and read it will wish they had. For me Aloe Vera works about the same way, but there are times when I can't find a plant to break and use the sap. French's Mustard and cold water are much easier to find.

One trick I have found with Aloe Vera that most people don't do, is keep putting it on, sometimes it takes a real heavy layer, if I am using the store bought kind especially. Does a thicker layer make any difference with French's?
Steve Smile
zzz
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
About an 1/8" thick. It's much different than Aloe, though. Kind of like something out of a science fiction movie. Keep a couple packets around. The first time you do it on yourself will be the beginning of a habit. You will pitch the Aloe in a hurry!!
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
Since a sunburn is basically the same as being burn-burned, you think this would work in that case as well?

Although, that could be a bit awkward...
"One man's miracle is another man's warm-up"
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
No, and it stains things so you might consider that first.

This is only effective if it goes on right away. It's doubtful you would be able to tell the exact time of burn, and put it on right away. I'm waiting for someone who has tried it to tell you for themselves what happened.

This is one of those things humans should have known about 5,000 years ago. It only took 50 years of commercial aviation for someone to put wheels on a suitcase so I don't know why I would be surprised no one put mustard on a burn. Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I nearly lost my left hand due to severe burns on the inside of my left wrist. The burns to the inside of my left wrist were extremely localized and third degree. It was like taking a blow torch and pointing it at your wrist. (Don't ask ... I was young and stupid, and it involved gun powder...)

I immediately began running it under cold water, because that was the only thing that stoped the pain. And it REALLY hurt too.

By the time I got to the hospital, the doctor said that with all that damage to the veins the circulation would be impaired and in time I might lose the hand.

In a couple of days, they said, Hmmmmm... the damage already seems to be healing much faster than could be expected. I am convinced and have proven the validity of cold water treatments for burns.

First, don't burn yourself! But if you do, chill it, and get medical help.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
BLAZE
View Profile
New user
london ,England
13 Posts

Profile of BLAZE
Yep, that's the way for me, talk to any burns unit doctor and they will tell you of the extra pain a lot of burn patients go through having different concoctions scraped of and out of a burn. (which usually ends up infected) The problem I can forsee is the outward look of a burn is not actually a very accurate way to judge how bad a burn is. If it's deeper than first suspected
you could hit the scenario I metioned.

It looks like it works OK for you and I hope if you have to use it again you will have just as much success.

BLAZE
:firedevil:

P.S. For this reason anyone taking a first aid course over here is told not to apply anything but water on a burn, it keeps the wound visible to more experienced medical personnel and nothing cools down like cold running water. If you could use this as an aid to healing I'd probably try it but fresh burns can be very misleading (particularly if there's nerve damage).
that is not dead which can eternal lie
yet with strange eons even death may die
H.P.Lovecraft
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
I've found that I heal naturally. I can have a 2nd degree burn and the scar will disappear. Weird, but next time, I'll use mustard (French's of course).
Smile
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
As a first aid instructor I can tell you that the suggested course of care is Cool Water, on ALL burns. After that, cover with a loose clean or sterile dressing, and seek attention form a doctor for the following... burns to the hands, feet, face, genitals, from explosives (black powder or others), chemical, or third degree burns—where stuff looks black. Also, if the burn covers more than one body part, you should really seek medical attention, i.e., hand and arm, upper and lower arm, etc.

If you want to see how well this will work on your skin, try this little experiment (I give this as homework to my classes).
Take 2 eggs, raw. Put them into a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Take one egg out (use a spoon) and put into cold running water in the sink. Take the other egg out and put onto the counter. Let cool until both are cold to the touch, Crack open.

You are meat and will cook, or not, in much the same manner! Smile
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I would have to say again:

Step # 1.

Plunge it under cold water or ice water.
This stops the cooking process. Your skin will continue to cook, until you drastically lower the temperature. Usually the first 2-4 minutes will stop the cooking.

I have extensive first responder training (7 yrs) and am hazmat certified in CA. I have experience with chemicals such as HF and gasses like Germaine and Arsine as well as many very unpredictable items.

If you do not have a solid background in first aid, take ALL serious burns to a health care professional, or a local emergency room as soon as the area has been cooled.

Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
I just tested the theory on French's mustard (I work at a plant that molds rubber, the oven's are like 345+ degrees and I accidentally touched one on my arm), but I tested the theory and it didn't do a thing.
:firedevil: Smile Smile
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
Shadow Dancer
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of Shadow Dancer
Excellent! I read your post, and thought— right...ok then...but I burned my hand doing a show the other day, where I had left my vanishing candle lit for too long, and it bit me! So I tried your method! Good stuff!
Thanks!
'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
<br> AlbertEinstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Burned skin, Burned skin!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL