The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Mind Stuff" DVDs from Paul Hallas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Anybody could comment on the content of the Mind Stuff DVDs from Paul Hallas?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Jean-Luc

I have not seen anything on this. Has it been released yet?

Tony
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Tony!

The 2 dvd set was advertised in the July 2007 MUM magazine on page 21.

A note in the add says that the dvds are for professional use only and not suitable for street entertainer or children.

14 routines are explained and involve coins,postcards,number and letter cards,business cards and keys.

Here is the link I found on the web :

http://www.magician.org/member/paulhallas/order

I know that the dvds were produced by Magic Makers in 2006.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thank you, they do look very good, and knowing some of his work, I'm sure they are excellent!

Tony
thejohn171
View Profile
New user
Elsewhere
34 Posts

Profile of thejohn171
I will post a full reveiw on them shortly... I have both "Mind Stuff" and Clever Card Magic"
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Hi there any thoughts or reviews on the dvds?
Many thanks
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
No time for a detailed review (I'm travelling in Europe at the moment), but I'm happy to vouch for Paul's Mind Stuff. It's exactly as one would expect of Mr. Hallas: direct, strong effects, all fairly easy to accomplish. A couple of the ideas have previously seen light in his books, but it's difficult to imagine any mentalist not finding worthwhile material in this DVD set.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Couldn't get the link to work
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
His lecture was excellent - his books are excellent. I see no reason why his dvd wouldn't be just as good.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
I wonder if these dvd's are geared more toward the beginner or advanced performer?
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Quote:
Mystification wrote:
I wonder if these dvd's are geared more toward the beginner or advanced performer?

I never really know how to respond to a query like this. Clearly some products are specifically intended for the true beginner, and they are generally marketed as such. But beyond that, it's hard to say. Bruce Elliot's old magic books for the general public contain top-notch material that is being used by performers in the know to kill today. And Karl Fulves' series of inexpensive Dover books ("self-working" magic for the general public) contains material far better than is being sold in lots of vastly more expensive DVDs targeting the "advanced performer".
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've got mindstuff - very well put together, he comes across as a laid-back gentleman in performance, lets the small audience relax and then kicks them in the mind...

good value too...a nice variety of work, and the phil deck idea is a good 'un too..
I've asked to be banned
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
916 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
Have just ordered the DVds,along with osterlinds No camera tricks DVD.Shall let you know later.
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Although the advert for the dvd names the effects, would it be possible for anyone who has the set to give a short description?
Many thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Mind Stuff" DVDs from Paul Hallas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL